U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
|FHWA Delegations and Organization Manual|
||Office of Primary Interest
| M 1100.1A, Chg. 27
||May 30, 2002
- What is the purpose of this change?
- Which part of FHWA Order M 1100.1A is being updated?
- What is the purpose of this change? The purpose of this change is as follows.
- The FHWA's core business units and service business units are retitled as "Offices," i.e., the Offices of Planning and Environment; Infrastructure; Operations; Safety; Federal Lands Highway; Policy; Chief Counsel; Public Affairs; Civil Rights; Corporate Management; Research, Development, and Technology; Professional Development; and Administration. The heads of these offices are retitled from Program Managers and Directors to Associate Administrators, except that the Chief Counsel will remain titled as the Chief Counsel. The attached introductory narrative, mission and function statements, and offices' organization charts, are revised to reflect the new titles and related wording, as appropriate.
- A new FHWA organization chart replaces the chart previously approved by the FHWA Administrator on January 17, 2002, which had added organizational blocks and narrative reflecting FHWA's Directors of Field Services and the Program Manager for Transportation Security. Those organizational blocks are also reflected on the new FHWA chart.
- Narrative has been added to the Introduction section, reflecting the more recently approved major organizational changes that have taken place within FHWA over the past few years.
- Which part of FHWA Order M 1100.1A is being updated? The following sections are revised to reflect the above noted changes:
- the Introduction;
- Part II (Organization and Functions):
Minor technical and grammatical changes are also included in this change.
Mary E. Peters
Page last modified on October 19, 2015