U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
|FHWA Delegations and Organization Manual|
||Office of Primary Interest
| M 1100.1A, Chg 44
||November 8, 2005
- What is the purpose of this change?
Which parts of FHWA Order M 1100.1A are being updated?
Where can I obtain additional information concerning these changes?
What is the purpose of this change? This Order is updated to document and reflect several changes related to the FHWA Office of Human Resources. The purpose of these changes was to: move program-related human resources (HR) functions from the Director’s office to subordinate HR Groups; better align “like functions” to eliminate duplication of effort; and to establish an “executive agent” function to provide automated staffing, delegated examining unit (DEU), and related HR services to all DOT Operating Administrations, with the exception of the Federal Aviation Administration and the Office of the Inspector General. The more substantive changes are as follows:
- Mission and Function statements have been added for a DOT Automated Staffing Group (Staffing Group), which has been established to serve as the Department’s “executive agent” for providing automated staffing, DEU, and related HR services to all DOT organizations, excluding the Federal Aviation Administration and the Office of the Inspector General. The Staffing Group will provide “one-stop” employment services to all job applicants applying for positions advertised through the DOT automated staffing system. The Staffing Group is organizationally located within FHWA’s Office of Human Resources and consists of employees from FHWA, with support from each of the DOT organizations that will receive its services (refer to DOT Order 1100.63B, Change 15, which was signed by the Secretary on March 29, 2005).
- Mission and Function statements have been added for a Student Outreach and Career Entry Programs Group, which has been established within the Office of Human Resources in order to ensure career entry, professional development, and student outreach programs are aligned with FHWA’s strategic objectives and long-term goals. The activities of this group are to be coordinated with the Office of Professional and Corporate Development.
- As a separate matter, the functions narrative of the Executive Secretariat (see Chapter 2, Office of the Administrator) is revised to reflect responsibility for providing guidance to FHWA offices on correspondence matters.
In addition to these changes, several minor technical revisions (ex. change in certain FHWA office titles) have been made.
Which parts of FHWA Order M 1100.1A are being updated? The following parts of FHWA Order M 1100.1A are updated:
- the Table of Contents,
- Part II, Chapter 2 (Office of the Administrator),
- Part II, Chapter 15 (Office of Administration).
Where can I obtain additional information concerning these changes? If you
have questions about these changes, you may contact the Office of Information and Management Services, Management Programs and Analysis Division.
||/s/ November 8, 2005
J. Richard Capka
Acting FHWA Administrator
Page last modified on October 19, 2015