U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
This Directive was canceled February 10, 2006.
|Personnel Management Manual: Chapter 9: Awards and Employee Recognition, Section 3: Length of Service Recognition |
||June 28, 1996
- PURPOSE. To provide guidelines for the administration of the length-of-service
recognition program in the Federal Highway Administration.
- Title 5, Code of Federal Regulations 451.101-106 and
- Departmental Personnel Manual (DPM) 451.
- GENERAL. Employees will be recognized for their total creditable
service with the Federal government. This service need not be continuous and
includes military service and service in other Federal agencies.
- Career Service Recognition. Career service emblems will be granted
at 5 year intervals. Career service certificates will be granted in addition
to the emblems toemployees who have 30 or more years of service. These certificates
will be granted in 5 year intervals.
- Procedures. On a quarterly basis, the Office of Personnel and
Training will furnish to each servicing personnel office and each Headquarters
Program Coordinator a computer listing of all employees under each jurisdiction
who become eligible for length-of-service emblems during the next quarter.
The OPT will prepare length-of-service certificates for signature by the Administrator.
- Presentation of Awards. Unit Managers will be responsible for
ensuring the appropriate presentation of length-of-service awards within the
quarter in which the employee becomes eligible.