This page provides links to tools and webinars sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) that promote livability in transportation planning. The links are intended to assist decision makers and stakeholders interested in integrating livability principles into their communities’ transportation systems. Visit the U.S. DOT Livability Resources page for other livability-related material.
- FHWA Livable Communities Discussion Board - This is online public forum for users to participate in discussion threads and engage in questions and ideas on livability and livability-related topics.
- Location Affordability Portal - This tool helps individuals, real estate professionals, planners, policymakers, developers, and researchers understand transportation costs in the context of housing location.
- Sustainable Highways Tool (INVEST) - INVEST is a practical, web-based, collection of best practices that allow states to integrate sustainability into their transportation projects. The use of the tool is voluntary and can be used by states or other project sponsors to measure the sustainability of their projects.
- Livability in Transportation Guidebook training series - The Livability in Transportation Guidebook training videos highlighting key concepts and case studies from The Livability in Transportation Guidebook.
- Livability in Transportation Webinar Series - These FHWA hosted webinars highlight practices and techniques for promoting livability.
- Transportation and Health Webinar - October 23, 2012. This webinar highlights metropolitan planning organization initiatives related to transportation and health.