- Briefing Room
U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
I. Purpose of Agreement
The purpose of Agreement is to set forth general terms and conditions to enhance a partnership agreement between MoDOT’s EODD Director and FHWA’s Civil Rights Program Manager. Additionally, to ensure the EODD programs are performed in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations while implementing MoDOT’s Mission, Values and Tangible Results.
II. Agreement Focus Areas
MoDOT and FHWA shall carry out the terms indicated in this Agreement that will improve communication and streamline process for the following programs:
|ACTIVITY||FHWA ANNUAL DEADLINE|
|1||State Employment Data Report - EEO-4||August 15|
|2||Affirmative Action Plan /SIEEO Five-Year Plan||Pending|
|3||Federal Performance Planned Awards Reports-Historically Black Colleges & Universities, Tribal Colleges & Universities, Hispanic Serving Institutes||September 29|
|4||Federal Performance Awards Reports-Historically Black Colleges & Universities, Tribal Colleges & Universities, Hispanic Serving Institutes||November 9|
|5||National Summer Transportation Institute Host
Site Proposals (MoDOT-OR responsibility)
|10||Americans with Disabilities Act compliants||As requested by HQ, within 90 days of receipt|
III. Activities, Roles and Responsibilities
Quarterly EEO4 Report
- MoDOT will submit quarterly reports to FHWA (i.e., January, April, July and October). This should occur no later than the 15th of the month, following the quarter being reported.
- FHWA will in turn review and submit the document in question to its Headquarters.
Affirmation Action Plan (Internal & External) Plan
- FHWA will send MoDOT-EODD Director the Internal and External Affirmative Action/Diversity Plan Preliminary Questions by August 31, prior to the December 31 expiration date for upcoming year plan.
- FHWA will coordinate on-site interviews with EODD Director during October. Subsequent to interviews, FHWA will notify EODD Director immediately of any significant concerns.
- MoDOT will submit response to preliminary questions and draft plan to FHWA by the second week of November.
- FHWA will send draft plan to other FHWA staff, FTA, FRA, etc. and allow 30 days for comments.
- FHWA will either conduct an on-site preliminary meeting with EODD Director and Civil Rights Director to discuss FHWA preliminary report or electronically transmit concerns or inquiries by December 5.
- FHWA will e-mail the EODD Director an “informal” approval notification by December 20th. FHWA will also follow-up with an official letter no later than December 31.
SIEEO Five-Year Model Plan – Pilot Program
- Infancy stage – Dates to be determined.
HBCUs and Other MIHEs Performance/Planned Reports
- FHWA will submit request to EODD Director within one day after information is received from FHWA Headquarters.
- MoDOT’s EODD Director will respond within the noted time frame or notify FHWA if additional time is needed to gather data.
National Summer Transportation Institute Program (NSTI)
- FHWA will send NSTI RFP requests to MoDOT-Organizational Results Unit and copy EODD Director. FHWA will keep EODD Director informed on correspondence related to this program for federal reporting purposes.
IV. Ground Rules
We agree to concentrate efforts in improving our work by following these ground rules:
V. Conflict Resolution
VI. Performance Evaluation
We will measure our partnering progress and success by the following performance indicators:
VII. Communicating with Management
We will keep management informed of our activities and how our partnering is progressing as needed.