HIGHWAY STATISTICS 1995
Certain HF, FE, and FA-series tables in the Highway Statistics 1995 are revised to reflect US
Treasury Department's December 1996 restatement of FY 1995 Federal Highway Trust Fund
(HTF) receipts. The revised tables are:
The tables initially published in the annual Highway Statistics 1995 publication were based on the
Treasury HTF income which was overstated by approximately $1.59 billion due to an error in
reconciling estimated 1994 HTF receipts to actual tax collections. The US Treasury Department's
December 1996 restatements revised both FY 1994 and FY 1995 HTF receipt statements to
credit the $1.59 billion to FY 1994, and reduce FY 1995 correspondingly. In addition, several
charts on this area are also revised.
- HF-10--Funding for Highways and Disposition of Highway-User Revenues, All Units of
- HF-lOA--Funding. for Highways and Disposition of Highway-User Revenues, All Units of
Government -1994 Revised
- HDF--Disposition of Highway-User Revenues, All Levels of Government -1994
- HF-1--Revenues Usedfor Highways, All Levels of Government -1994
- FE-10 --Statis of the Highway Trust Fund- Fiscal Year ended September 30, 1995
- FE-210--Status of the Highway Trust Fund- Fiscal Years 1957-1995
- FE-221--Comparison of Federal Highway Trust Fund Receipts and Federal-Aid
Apportionments and Allocations from the Fund - Fiscal Years 1957-1995
- FE-9--Federal Highway Trust Fund Receipts Attributable to Highway Users in Each
State - Fiscal Year 1995
- FA-5--Receipts and Expenditures for Highways by Federal Agencies - Summary -1995
- FA-21--Federal Receipts and Disbursements for Highways -1994
Also, Apportionment of Federal Funds & by the Federal Highway Administration for Fiscal Year
1996 (FA-4) is revised. The National Highway System apportionments for the U.S. Territories
were not included in the published original FA-4. The correct amounts are included in the revised
Table FA-4 in the " National Highway System" column. In addition, the original Table FA-4
reported obligation limitation in the column entitled "Highway Safety". The revised FA-4
reports apportionments in that column.
DL-20--Distribution of Licensed Drivers--l995 has been revised to correct the Drivers as Percent
of Age Group columns in the ages 20 and up.
FA- 10--Obligation of Federal-Aid Highway Funds for Highway Improvements--1995 has been
revised to contain information on reconstuction data now available from the Fiscal Management .
Information System. The reconstruction data is split into "Reconstruction: Added Capacity" and
"Reconstruction: No Added Capacity. "