April 2008 Traffic Volume Trends
- Travel on all roads and streets changed by -1.8 percent for April 2008 as compared with April 2007.
Travel for the month is estimated to be 245.9 billion vehicle miles.
- Cumulative Travel for 2008 changed by -2.1 percent.
- Cumulative estimate for the year is 934.8 billion vehicle miles of travel.
- Estimated Vehicle-Miles of Travel by Region - April 2008 - (in Billions)
- Change in Traffic as compared to same month last year.
|Region||Total Travel||Percentage Change|
- All data for this month are preliminary. Revised values for the previous month are shown in Tables 1 and 2.
- All vehicle-miles of travel computed with 2006 Table VM-2 as a base.
- Compiled with data on hand as of June 10, 2008.
- Travel Trends (April 2008)
- Individual Monthly Motor Vehicle Travel in the U.S. for April 2008
- Changes on Rural Arterial Roads by Region and State
- Changes on Urban Arterial Roads by Region and State
- Changes on All Estimated Roads by Region and State
- Volume Trends - Rural
- Volume Trends - Urban
- Figure 1 - Moving 12-Month Total on All Highways
- Figure 2 - Travel on U.S. Highways By Month
Office of Highway Policy Information