June 2008 Traffic Volume Trends
- Travel on all roads and streets changed by -4.7% (-12.2 billion vehicle miles)
for June 2008 as compared with June 2007.
- Travel for the month is estimated to be 250.2 billion vehicle miles.
- Cumulative Travel for 2008 changed by -2.8%
(-42.1 billion vehicle miles).
- The cumulative estimate for the year is 1,438.7 billion vehicle miles of travel.
- Estimated Vehicle-Miles of Travel by Region - June 2008 - (in Billions)
- Change in Traffic as compared to same month last year.
- All data for this month are preliminary. Revised values for the previous monthare shown in Tables 1 and 2.
- All vehicle-miles of travel computed with 2006 Table VM-2 as a base.
- Compiled with data on hand as of August 05, 2008.
- Some historical data were revised based on HPMS and amended TVT data as of May 2008.
- For information on total licensed drivers in the U.S. visit http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohpi/hss/hsspubs.htm. Select the year of interest then Section III (Driver Licensing).
- For information on total registered motor vehicles in the U.S., visit http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohpi/hss/hsspubs.htm Select the year of interest and Section II (Motor Vehicles).
- Travel Trends (June 2008)
- Individual Monthly Motor Vehicle Travel in the U.S. for June 2008
- Changes on Rural Arterial Roads by Region and State
- Changes on Urban Arterial Roads by Region and State
- Changes on All Estimated Roads by Region and State
- Volume Trends - Rural
- Volume Trends - Urban
- Figure 1 - Moving 12-Month Total on All Highways
- Figure 2 - Travel on U.S. Highways By Month