April 2011 Traffic Volume Trends
- Travel on all roads and streets changed by -2.4% (-6.1 billion vehicle miles) for April 2011 as compared with April 2010.
- Travel for the month is estimated to be 250.5 billion vehicle miles.
- Cumulative Travel for 2011 changed by -0.8% (-7.1 billion vehicle miles).
- Cumulative estimate for the year is 939.2 billion vehicle miles of travel.
- Estimated Vehicle-Miles of Travel by Region - April 2011 - (in Billions)
- Change in Traffic as compared to same month last year.
- All data for this month are preliminary. Revised values for the previous month are shown in Tables 1 and 2.
- All vehicle-miles of travel computed with 2009 Table VM-2 as a base.
- Compiled with data on hand as of June 09, 2011.
- Some historical data were revised based on HPMS and amended TVT data as of December 2009
- For information on total licensed drivers in the U.S. visit http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohpi/hss/hsspubs.htm. Select the year of interest then Section III (Driver Licensing).
- For information on total registered motor vehicles in the U.S., visit http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohpi/hss/hsspubs.htm Select the year of interest and Section II (Motor Vehicles).
- Travel Trends (April 2011)
- Individual Monthly Motor Vehicle Travel in the U.S. for April 2011
- Changes on Rural Arterial Roads by Region and State
- Changes on Urban Arterial Roads by Region and State
- Changes on All Estimated Roads by Region and State
- Volume Trends - Rural
- Volume Trends - Urban
- Figure 1 - Moving 12-Month Total on All Highways
- Figure 2 - Travel on U.S. Highways By Month
Office of Highway Policy Information