AASHTO PP65 provides guidance to determine the reactivity of concrete aggregates and select preventive measures, using either a performance or prescriptive based approach. This interactive program takes user inputs, walking through PP65 one step at a time and offering suggestions about aggregate use to prevent ASR and ACR.
Instructions for Installing the AASHTO PP65 Program
Standard Practice for Determining the Reactivity of Concrete Aggregates and Selecting Appropriate Measures for Preventing Deleterious Expansion in New Concrete Construction
You must have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed. A free download is available from Microsoft:
To Install the Standard Practice program:
- Download and save the Standard Practice zip file to your computer (Desktop, Documents, Program Files, or another location). If possible, it is recommended you install somewhere on the C drive of the computer.
- Unzip the file. (Use WinZip or an equivalent program to extract the files; don't just open it.)
- Once the files are extracted, there should be two files called "setup.exe" and "Standard Practice.application". There should also be a directory called "Application Files", containing one more directory with "Standard Practice.application", "Standard Practice.exe.deploy", and "Standard Practice.exe.manifest".
- In the main directory, run setup.exe.
- You may get several warnings about an unverified publisher, but continue with the installation.
- The program title is "Standard Practice." If it does not automatically launch, run the Standard Practice application from the Windows Start menu.
PDF version of installation instructions (0.1 mb)
Download AASHTO PP65 Program