U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590

Skip to content U.S. Department of Transportation/Federal Highway AdministrationU.S. Department of Transportation/Federal Highway Administration



Publication Details

Estimating Cumulative Traffic Loads, Volume II: Traffic Data Assessment and Axle Load Projection for the Sites with Acceptable Axle Weight Data, Final Report for Phase 2 Research/Reference: useful for researchers doing further work in the pavement area as well as those developing improved testing and design procedures. Includes documents of historical value.

Primary Topic: Traffic

Description: This report describes the assessment of the overall quality of traffic data for 890 LTPP traffic sites and the projection of axle loads for LTPP sites with adequate traffic data. Annual axle load spectra projected by the traffic load projection methodology for all in-service years up to 1998 were concluded to be reasonable (i.e., falling into expected ranges) for the majority (558, or 63 percent) of the 890 LTPP traffic sites. The traffic load spectra projected for the remaining 332 (37 percent) of traffic sites were considered unreliable because of inadequate or missing data collected at those sites. See also FHWA-RD-00-054, Estimating Cumulative Traffic Loads, Final Report for Phase 1.

FHWA Publication Number: FHWA-RD-03-094

Publication Year: 2005

Document Links: HTML  PDF (file size: 1 mb)

View Pavement Publications

PDF files can be viewed with the Acrobat® Reader®
Updated: 10/21/2015
Federal Highway Administration | 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE | Washington, DC 20590 | 202-366-4000

All Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) information technology systems will be unavailable, Friday, December 2, at 10:00 p.m. to Sunday, December 04, at 11:59 p.m., EDT, while work is being performed on the network. During that time, users will not be able to access any FHWA systems.

If you have any questions or problems, please contact the 5-Help Service Center @ (866) 466-5221 or 5-HelpServiceCenter@dot.gov.