Coordinated Border Infrastructure Program
Discretionary Grant Selection Criteria and Process
valid date 7/22/98
SEC. 1311. DISCRETIONARY GRANT SELECTION CRITERIA AND PROCESS.
(a) Establishment of Criteria.
The Secretary shall establish criteria for all discretionary programs funded from the Highway Trust Fund (other than the Mass Transit Account). To the extent practicable, such criteria shall conform to the Executive Order No. 12893 (relating to infrastructure investment).
(b) Selection Process.
(1) Limitation on acceptance of applications
. -- Before accepting applications for grants under any discretionary program for which funds are authorized to be appropriated from the Highway Trust Fund (other than the Mass Transit Account) by this Act (including the amendments made by this Act), the Secretary shall publish the criteria established under subsection (a). Such publication shall identify all statutory criteria and any criteria established by regulation that will apply to the program.
. -- Not less often than quarterly, the Secretary shall submit to the Committee on Environment and Public Works of the Senate and the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure of the House of Representatives a list of the projects selected under discretionary programs funded from the Highway Trust Fund (other than the Mass Transit Account) and an explanation of how the projects were selected based on the criteria established under subsection (a).
(c) Minimum Covered Programs.
At a minimum, the criteria established under subsection (a) and the selection process established by subsection (b) shall apply to the following programs:
(1) The intelligent transportation system deployment program under
(2) The national corridor planning and development program.
(3) The coordinated border infrastructure and safety program.
(4) The construction of ferry boats and ferry terminal facilities.
(5) The national scenic byways program.
(6) The Interstate discretionary program.
(7) The discretionary bridge program.