American Community Survey (ACS)
The Census Bureau will be producing 1, 3, and 5 year tabular data from ACS. To find out the frequency of tabulation for each geography, please visit: http://www.census.gov/acs/www/data_documentation/data_main/
- Base Tables - simple descriptive tabulations of basic concepts and variables.
- Tabular Profiles - Key summary measures, derived measures (e.g., medians), and collapsed distributions of variables selected from the Base Tables.
- Narrative Profiles - Short prose narratives with simple graphs based on some of the summary information in the Tabular Profiles
- Geographic Ranking Tables - Tables and related graphs that show the rank order of geographic areas on key statistics or derived measures.
- Subject Tables - Predefined tables with frequently requested information on a single topic for a single geographic area.
- Subpopulation Profiles - This new product would provide certain characteristics from the Tabular Profiles for a specific race or ethnic group or population subgroup.
- Thematic Maps - Similar to the geographic ranking tables, with the added advantage of visually displaying on a map the geographic variation of a key summary measure or derived measure.
- Analytic Reports (in an early development phase) - These could be short documents, two to three pages, on a single topic or theme, or they could be longer documents covering several topics or the entire content of the survey
ACS Public Use Microdata