Census Urbanized Areas and MPO/TMA Designation
HEPGIS is a web-based Geographic Information System (GIS) that enables users to access transportation-related geo-spatial data using only their web browser. Among the numerous datasets maintained by HEPGIS is a dataset of MPO boundaries, which also includes UZA and UC boundaries. HEPGIS will be updated with the new UZA boundaries in Spring of 2012, including the ability to download GIS shapefiles.
To view the MPO boundaries dataset in HEPGIS:
- Access the HEPGIS tool.
- Select the "MPO Boundaries" tab near the top right of the map window.
- Use the pull-down menu on the left to select the desired map.
- Use the zoom and pan tools to view specific areas of interest.
- Click the "Change Layers" button to view additional options that can be turned on or off for display on the map. Select the desired layers and click the "Redraw" button.
- Maps may be saved or printed for later reference using the buttons at the bottom left of the screen.
For more information about HEPGIS, pleas contact Ms. Supin Yoder at firstname.lastname@example.org.