Official Guidelines for STRAHNET Request for Changes
- All requests must be initiated by the State or the Department of Defense's Surface Deployment and Distribution Command Transportation Engineering Agency (SDDCTEA).
- All requests must be put in writing to the FHWA Division office or FHWA Headquarters.
- For requests from the State, the FHWA Division will review and summarize the request in writing. The initial letter from the State must be included, along with any attachments (i.e., maps). Electronic submittals are acceptable.
This information should be sent to the following FHWA Headquarters address:
Federal Highway Administration
Director, Office of Human Environment
ATTN: National Systems Team
1200 New Jersey Ave., SE; HEPH-1
Washington, D.C. 20590
- Mike Neathery is the STRAHNET Coordinator and will work with the SDDCTEA to ensure that the proposed changes are reviewed and considered.
- The SDDCTEA will provide comments to the STRAHNET Coordinator. Those comments will be summarized and sent to the FHWA Division.
- The FHWA Division will inform the State, in writing, of the approved STRAHNET request.
The STRAHNET system is recorded on FHWA's National Highway System maps http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/national_highway_system/ as well as on the SDDCTEA's STRAHNET Atlas maps. For inquiries about the STRAHNET Atlas, please contact Jason Cowin at (618) 220-5229 or firstname.lastname@example.org.