Tool Kit for Integrating Land Use and Transportation Decision-Making
The objective of this tool kit is to provide a user-friendly, web-based source of methods, strategies, and procedures for integrating land use and transportation planning, decision-making, and project implementation. The tool kit is designed:
- To assist metropolitan and regional planning organizations, State departments of transportation (DOTs), transit agencies, and other organizations involved in the transportation planning process in incorporating land use considerations into their planning and project development activities.
- As a resource for local government land use and transportation planners, community groups, and others who wish to better understand and implement linkages between transportation and land use planning.
The tool kit is made up of three parts:
- The tool kit itself, which includes brief descriptions of several tools, along with implementation examples and sources of additional information;
- Case studies of seven tools, which provide a more detailed look at how these tools have been effectively applied in practice; and
- Other references and links, including reports and web sites that provide additional information on tools for integrating transportation and land use decision-making.