TMIP Missions and Goals
Support effective use of analytic methods and tools in transportation decision-making
By Getting Research Into Practice (GRIP) and supporting innovation and planning analysis improvements
To provide better information to support transportation and planning decisions
Goal 1. To develop and improve analytical methods in response to the needs of planning and environmental decision making processes.
- Identify analytical needs
- Develop tools, techniques, procedures
Goal 2. To help planning agencies build their instutional capacity to develop and deliver travel data and analyses.
- Deliver training and technical assistance
- Facilitate knowledge and information sharing
Goal 3. To support best practices in applying analytical tools to transportation planning decision-making.
- Identify effective use of tool applications
- Promote best practices