TMIP-L Email List
TMIP maintains an email list to promote the open discussion of issues related to transportation modeling, simulation and analysis. The email list has over 1,600 subscribers representing travel forecasting professionals from around the globe.
New users must subscribe to the email list in order to post and receive TMIP-L messages. Once subscribed, emails sent to email@example.com will be distributed to the entire user community.
A searchable archive of TMIP-L is also available with posts dating back to July 2001.
The Subscriber's Corner at http://listserv.tmiponline.org/ can be used to modify a number of subscription settings including the receipt of daily digests.
TMIP-L Code Of Conduct
The TMIP Email List is provided to encourage knowledge sharing and networking within the transportation modeling, simulation and analysis community. By subscribing and posting to the TMIP email list, you are confirming that you have read and agree to abide by the TMIP-L Code of Conduct. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important rules governing behavior on the TMIP email list. If you have questions please contact the TMIP Moderator at: firstname.lastname@example.org Messages violating the code of conduct will be removed from the list and the archives. Repeated violations will result in the subscriber's email address being removed permanently from access to the list.
- Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, and otherwise offensive posts are strictly prohibited.
- The email list is a public area. Do not post anything in an email list message that you don't have permission to post or you don't want the world to see.
- Professional decorum is expected from all participants. Diplomacy and tact are encouraged. Thoughtfully provocative comments and constructive criticisms are encouraged. Rancor and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- The email list is for non-commercial purposes. Advertising and other business solicitation is prohibited. Announcements of job openings and requests for proposals that invite response from individuals and firms with expertise in travel modeling or in closely related professional fields are acceptable at the direction of the moderator, provided they otherwise adhere to this code of conduct.
- The courtesy of an email signature line with your name, organization, address, and email address is requested.
- The courtesy of posting only messages intended for the benefit of everyone on the list is requested. Please send messages such as "thanks for the information" directly to individuals - not the entire list. Please don't hold sidebar conversations on the list; if you have something to say to everyone address everyone.
Ask the Modeling Experts
Do you have a question about transportation modeling, simulation or analysis, but don't know who to ask? You could ask them at the Travel Forecasting Resource
where there are two easy ways to submit technical questions and get answers from experts in the modeling community. If you prefer to remain anonymous, you may indicate this in your email to email@example.com
, and your name will not be divulged. Otherwise, your name will appear with the question.