U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Funding Our Nation's Highway Programs and Leveling the Playing Field – Heavy Vehicle Use Tax –Office of Highway Policy Information (OHPI)
Heavy Vehicle Use Tax
Funding Our Nation's Highway Programs and Leveling the Playing Field
Conclusion: Enhance HVUT
We've reached the end of the training course but before you move on to the
final quiz, we would like to stress the importance of HVUT compliance one final
- State decision makers and managers can invest more resources and time in
- State agents can request information on best practices in HVUT compliance,
and obtain and review FHWA training material
- FHWA division administrators can invest more time in conducting compliance
- FHWA division staff can perform thorough compliance reviews that use best
practice techniques as outlined in the HVUT compliance review protocol
- Motor carriers can take the time to understand the importance of the HVUT
and ensure that it is always paid on time
- Everyone can help get the word out on the importance of HVUT compliance
Everyone can make a difference. Please join the effort to enhance HVUT enforcement.
For more information, please contact: Michael Dougherty, FHWA (202) 366-9234
email@example.com or Ralph Davis, FHWA (202) 366-9235 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last modified on November 7, 2014.