Information Regarding the May 1, 2012 Revision of Form FHWA-1273 - "Required Contract Provisions Federal-Aid Construction Contracts"
A Notice was published in the June 25, 2012 Federal Register announcing the availability of revised form FHWA-1273. This Notice addressed comments received in response to a January 31, 2012 Federal Register Notice. Form FHWA-1273 includes certain contract provisions that are required on all Federal-aid construction projects. The form was previously revised on March 10, 1994. Federal-aid recipients were required to incorporate the revised form in new Federal-aid construction projects no later than 45 days after this publication date or August 9, 2012 (projects with bid or proposal opening dates after August 9, 2012).
- June 25, 2012 Federal Register Notice (.pdf, 0.2 mb)
- May 1, 2012 Form FHWA-1273 (.pdf, 0.2 mb) (.doc, 54 kb)
- January 31, 2012 Federal Register Notice (.pdf)
- March 10, 1994 Form FHWA 1273 - Required Contract Provisions Federal-Aid Construction Contracts
- Draft October 18, 2011 Form FHWA-1273 -Required Contract Provisions Federal-Aid Construction Contracts
- Explanation of the Proposed Changes
- Review Comments at the E-Gov Web site