SHRP 2 Accepting Proposals for Renewal Research Projects
The Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP) 2 has issued Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for its first series of 2007 projects. SHRP 2's goal is to develop recommended procedures, practices, and applications to advance the Nation's highway system in the key focus areas of safety, renewal, reliability, and capacity (see December 2006 Focus). The new RFPs address renewal, reliability, and capacity.
In the renewal area, the announced projects are:
- Composite Pavement Systems.
- Geotechnical Solutions for Soil Improvement, Rapid Embankment Construction, and Stabilization of the Pavement Working Platform.
- Bridges for Service Life Beyond 100 Years.
- Innovative Bridge Designs for Rapid Renewal.
- Guide for the Process of Managing Risk on Rapid Renewal Contracts.
Proposals are due May 3, 2007. The project awards will be announced this summer. A second round of 2007 RFPs will be announced in July 2007, with proposals due in September.
For additional information on SHRP 2 or the 2007 RFPs, visit www.trb.org/SHRP2/, or contact Linda Mason, Communications Officer for SHRP 2 at the Transportation Research Board, 202-334-3241 (fax: 202-334-3471; email: SHRP2@nas.edu).
Back to Articles in this Issue