Pavement Preservation Toolbox CD: The Sequel
Now available is the second edition of the Federal Highway Administration's (FHWA) popular Pavement Preservation Toolbox CD. Essentially a one-stop library, the toolbox contains a wealth of information on cutting edge technologies and practices in pavement preservation. The second edition
provides the same ease of accessibility, but with a greater volume of documents and resources to help State and local transportation agencies manage their highway assets.
Additions to the CD include:
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Maintenance Technical Advisory Guide.
- FHWA's A Quick Check of Your Highway Network Health booklet.
- FHWA's Federal Lands Highways Context Sensitive Roadway Surfacing Selection Guide and Photo Album.
- Web links to the National Center for Pavement Preservation and State pavement preservation centers in California and Texas.
- Recent FHWA technical and policy memos on pavement preservation.
- National Cooperative Highway Research Program reports on pavement preservation.
- Recent pavement preservation publications from the Asphalt Emulsion Manufacturers Association, International Slurry Surfacing Association, Asphalt Recycling and Reclaiming Association, International Grooving and Grinding Association, and the American Concrete Pavement Association.
To obtain a copy of the free CD, contact your local FHWA Division office or Joe Gregory in the FHWA
Office of Asset Management, 202-366-1557 (email: email@example.com).
Back to Articles in this Issue