Behavior of Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Composite Piles Under Vertical Loads
Previous | Table of Contents | Next
- Likins, G., Rausche, F., Thendean, G., and Svinkin, M., 1996, "CAPWAP Correlation Studies," STRESSWAY '96 Conference, Orlando, FL, pp. 11-13.
- Rausche, F., Goble, G., and Likins, G., 1992, "Investigation of Dynamic Soil Resistance on Piles Using GRLWEAP," Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on the Application of Stress-Wave Theory to Piles, The Netherlands , pp. 137-142.
- Craig R.F., 1987, Soil Mechanics, Van Nostrand Reinhold Co. Ltd., Molly Millars Lane, Wokingham, Berkshire, England .
- Meyerhof G.G., 1976, "Bearing Capacity and Settlement of Pile Foundations," Journal of the Geotechnical Engineering Division, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), pp. 195-228
- Federal Highway Administration, 1998, Design and Construction of Driven Pile Foundations, Publication No. FHWA-HI-97-013, Washington, DC, revised November 1998.
- American Petroleum Institute, 1984, Recommended Practice for Planning, Designing, and Constructing Fixed Offshore Platforms, API RP2A, 14th edition, Dallas, TX .
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, 1997, Standard Specifications for Highway Bridges, Washington, DC.
- Likins, G., Rausche, F., and Hussein, M., 1990, "Introduction to the Dynamics of Pile Testing," Geotechnical News, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 21-24.
- Iskander, M. and Stachula, A., 1999, "FRP Composite Polymer Piling: An Alternative to Timber Piling for Waterfront Applications," Geotechnical News, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 27-31.
- Stokes, F., 1996, Axial Compression Tests on Lancaster Composite Piles (test report), Fritz Engineering Laboratory at Lehigh University, Lehigh, PA.
- Iskander M., and Hassan, M., 1998, "State of the Practice Review: FRP Composite Piling," Journal of Composites for Construction, ASCE, August, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 116-120.
- Horeczko, G., 1995, "Marine Application of Recycled Plastics," Proceedings, XIII Structural Congress, Restructuring America and Beyond, Ed. M. Sanayei, ASCE, Reston, VA, Vol. 1, pp. 834-837.
- Busel, J., 1995, FRP Composites in Construction Applications, A Profile in Progress, SPI Composites Institute, New York, NY.
- Lancaster Composite, Inc., 2003, Engineers and Manufacturers of Composite Piles, http://www.lancastercomposite.com.
- Lampo, R., 1995, "Recycled Plastics as an Engineering Material," Proceedings, XIII Structural Congress, Restructuring America and Beyond, Ed. M. Sanayei, ASCE, Reston, VA, Vol. 1, pp. 815-818.
- Lampo, R., Nosker, T., Barno, D., Busel, J., Maher, A., Dutta, P., and Odello, R., 1998, Development and Demonstration of FRP Composite Fender, Loading-Bearing and Sheet Piling Systems, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Construction Engineering Research Laboratories, Champaign, IL.
- Bognacki, C. and Gill, R., 1997, 1995-1997 Marine Borer Report, Materials Engineering Division, Engineering Department, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
- American Water Works Association (AWWA), 2001, Rehabilitation of Water Mains, Manual 28, Denver, CO.
- Zlokovitz, R. and Juran, I., 2001, Trenchless Technologies for the Reconstruction of New York City's Water Mains (project report), New York City Department of Design and Construction, New York, NY.
- Christopher, B., Gill, S., Giroud, J.P., Schlosser, F., Juran, I., Mitchell, J.K., and Dunncliff, J., 1989, Design and Construction Guidelines for Reinforced Soil Structures, Federal Highway Administration, Publication No. FHWA-RD-89-063, Washington, DC.
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), 1996, "Test Method for Static Coefficient of Friction of Shoe Sole and Heel Materials as Measured by the James Machine," F489-96, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA.
- Seaward International, Inc., 2000, SEAPILETM Composite Marine Piling Technical Manual, Seaward International, Inc., Clearbrook, VA.
- Bazant, Z.P., and Cedolin, L., 1991, Stability of Structures—Elastic, Inelastic, Fracture and Damage Theories, Oxford University Press, New York, NY.
- Plastic Piles, Inc. (PPI), 2001, Technical Manual and Product Information, Plastic Piles, Inc., Rialto, CA.
- U.S. Plastic Lumber (USPL), 2001, Trimax Structural Plastic Lumber—Product Information and Test Report, USPL, Ltd, Auburn, MA.
- Davisson, M.T., 1972, "High Capacity Piles," Proceedings of Lecture Series on Innovations in Foundation Construction, ASCE, Illinois Section, Chicago, IL, March 22, pp. 81-112.
- DeBeer, E.E., 1968, "Proefondervindlijke Bijdrage Tot de Studie Van Het Grensdraag Vermogen Van Zand onder Funderingen Op Staal," Tijdshift der Openbar Verken van Belgie, No. 6, 1967, and Nos. 4-6, 1968.
- Chin, F.K., 1970, "Estimation of the Ultimate Load of Piles Not Carried to Failure," Proceedings of the Second Southeast Asian Conference on Soil Engineering, Singapore , pp.81-90.
- Kondner, R.L., 1963, "Hyperbolic Stress-Strain Response: Cohesive Soils," ASCE, Journal for Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Vol. 89, SM-1, pp. 115-143.
- Fellenius, B.H., 1975, "Test Loading of Piles: Methods, Interpretation, and New Proof Testing Procedure," Journal of the Geotechnical Engineering Division, ASCE, Vol. 101, GT9, pp. 855-869.
- Fellenius, B.H., 1980, "The Analysis of Results from Routine Pile Loading Tests," Ground Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 6, London, UK , pp. 19-31.
- Deep Foundation Institute, 1995, Guidelines for the Interpretation and Analysis of the Static Loading Test, Continuing Education Committee, first edition, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada , pp. 10-41.
- ASTM, 1994, Standard Test Method for Piles Under Static Axial Compression Load, D1143-81 (Reapproved 1994), ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA.
- Poulos, M.G., Carter, J.P., and Small, J.C., 2001, "Foundation and Retaining Structures—Research and Practice, Theme Lecture" Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey , pp. 2527-2606.
- De Cock, F., 1998, "Design of Axially Loaded Bored Piles—European Codes, Practice and Experience," Deep Foundations on Bored and Auger Piles, van Impe and Haegeman (eds.), A.A. Balkema, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, pp. 63-74.
- Semple, R.M., and Rigden, W.J., 1984, "Shaft Capacity of Driven Piles in Clay," Analysis and Design of Pile Foundations, ASCE, Washington, DC, pp. 59-79.
- Fleming, W.G.K., Weltman, A.J., Randolph, M.F., and Elson, W.K., 1985, Piling Engineering, Surrey University Press/Halsted Press, New York, NY.
- Burland, J.B., 1973, "Shaft Friction on Piles in Clay—A Simple Fundamental Approach," Ground Engeering, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 30-42.
- Go, V., and Olsen, R.E., 1993, "Axial Load Capacity of Untapered Piles in Sand," Proceedings of the 11th Southeast Asian Geotechnical Conference, Singapore, pp. 517-521.
- Stas, C.V., and Kulhawy, F.H., 1984, Critical Evaluation of Design Methods for Foundations Under Axial Uplift and Compression Loading, Report EL-3771, Electric Power Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA.
- Meyerhof, G.G., 1956, "Penetration Tests and Bearing Capacity of Cohesionless Soils," Journal of the Soil Mechanics and Foundation Division, ASCE, Vol. 82, SM-1, pp. 1-19.
- Poulos, H.G., 1989, "Pile Behaviour—Theory and Application," Géotechnique, Vol. 39, No.3, pp. 365-415.
- Decourt, L., 1995, Prediction of Load-Settlement Relationships for Foundations on the Basis of the SPT-T, Leonardo Zeevaert Conference, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico, pp. 85-104.
- Rollins, K.M., Clayton, R.J., and Mikesell, R.C., 1997, "Ultimate Side Friction of Drilled Shafts in Gravels," Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundations, Hamburg, Germany, Vol. 2, pp. 1021-1024.
- Goble, Rausche, Likins, and Associates, Inc., 2001, An Introduction into Dynamic Pile Testing Methods, Cleveland, OH.
- Pile Dynamics, Inc., 2000, Case Pile Wave Analysis Program (CAPWAP), Version 2000-1, CAPWAP for Windows® Manual, Cleveland, OH.
- Pile Dynamics, Inc., 1999, Pile Driving Analyzer Windows Version (PDA-W) Manual, Cleveland, OH.
- ASTM, 2000, Standard Test Method for Low-Strain Integrity Testing of Piles, D5882-00, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA.
- ASTM, 2000, Standard Test Method for High-Strain Dynamic Testing of Piles, D4945-00, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA.
Previous | Table of Contents | Next
United States Department of Transportation - Federal Highway Administration