Publication Number: FHWA-HRT-07-026
Date: February 2007
Bottomless Culvert Scour Study: Phase II Laboratory Report
- Kerenyi, K., Jones, J. S., and Stein, S., Bottomless Culvert Scour Study: Phase I Laboratory Report, Federal Highway Administration, Report Number FHWA-RD-02-078, McLean, VA, November 2003.
- Chang, F., and Davis, S., “Maryland Procedure for Estimating Scour at Bridge Abutments, Part 2—Clear Water Scour,” Proceedings of the International Water Resources Engineering Conference, ASCE, Memphis, TN, Vol. 1, pp. 169–173, 1998.
- Young, G. K., Dou, X., Saffarina, K., and Jones, J. S., (GKY and Associates. Inc.), “Testing Abutment Scour Model,” Proceedings of the International Water Resources Engineering Conference, ASCE, Memphis, TN, Vol. 1, pp. 180–185, 1998.
- Sturm, T. W., and Chrisochoides, A., “Abutment Scour in Compound Channels for Variable Setbacks,” Proceedings of the International Water Resources Engineering Conference, ASCE, Memphis, TN, Vol. 1, pp. 174–179, 1998.
- Maryland State Highway Administration, Office of Bridge Development, ABSCOUR Users Manual, version 7, build 1.0, August 1, 2005.
- Federal Highway Administration, Evaluating Scour at Bridges, Hydraulic Engineering Circular No. 18, 4th ed., Washington, DC, 2001.
- Neill, C. R., Guide to Bridge Hydraulics, University of Toronto Press, Toronto, Canada, 1973.
- Mahmood, K., and Shen, H. W., “Regime Concept of Sediment-Transporting Canals and Rivers,” River Mechanics, H. S. Shen, ed., Vol. II, H. W. Shen, Fort Collins, CO,
pp. 30–1 to 30–39, 1971.
- Ishbash, S. V., Construction of Dams by Depositing Rock in Running Water, Second Congress on Large Dams, Communication No. 3, Washington, DC, 1936.
- Rouse, H. (ed.), Engineering Hydraulics: Proceedings of the Fourth Hydraulics Conference, Iowa Institute of Hydraulics Research, June 12–15, 1949, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, NY, 1950.
Previous | Contents
United States Department of Transportation - Federal Highway Administration