Publication Number: FHWA-04-111
Date: February 2005
Evaluation of The Laboratory Asphalt Stability Test
Previous | Table of Contents
The authors would like to thank the AASHTO Task Force on the SHRP Implementation
for the financial support rendered for this NCHRP Project No. 90-04.
- Bahia, H. U., Hanson, D. I., Zeng, M., Zhai, H., Khatri, M. A. and R. M. Anderson, "Characterization of Modified Asphalt Binders in Superpave Mix Design," NCHRP Report 459, Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, National Academy Press, Washington DC (2001).
- Beigen, J. R. and A. W. Czanderna, "Analysis of Thermal Processes: The Exponential Integral," Journal of Thermal Analysis, Vol. 4 (1972), p. 39.
- Billington, N. C. and P. D. Calvert, "The Physical Chemistry of Oxidation and Stabilization of Polyolefins," Chapter 5 in Developments in Polymer Stabilization-3, G. Scott (ed.), Applied Science Publishers, London (1980) pp. 139-190.
- Brule, B., Ramond, G. and C. Such, "Relationship Between Composition, Structure and Properties of Road Asphalts: State of Research at the French Public Works Central Laboratory," Transportation Research Record 1096, Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, National Academy Press, Washington, DC (1986), pp. 22-34.
- Collins, J. M. and M. G. Bouldin, "Long and Short Term Stability of Straight and Polymer Modified Asphalts," Rubber World (August 1992).
- Davies, A. and D. Gordon, "Rapid Assessment of Weathering Stability from Exposure of Polymers," Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 18 (1974), p. 1159.
- Gilroy, H. M., "Long-Term Photo- and Thermal Oxidation of Polyethylene," American Chemical Society Symposium Series, Vol. 95 (1979), p. 63.
- Hesp, S. A. M. and R. T. Woodhams, "Stabilization Mechanisms in Polyolefin-Asphalt Emulsions," Polymer Modified Asphalt Binders, K. R. Wardlaw and S. Shuler (eds.), American Society for Testing and Materials, Philadelphia, PA (1992), pp. 1-19.
- Hesp, S. A. M. and R. T. Woodhams, "Asphalt-Polyolefin Emulsion Breakdown," Colloid and Polymer Science, Vol. 269 (8), 1991 pp. 825-834.
- Khudyakova, T. S., Rozenthal, D. A., Mal'kova, S., and T. I. Volkov, "Effect of Heat Treatment on the Structure of Polyethylene-Bitumen Compositions," Stroit Mater, Vol. 11 (1981), p. 30.
- Melik, D. H. and H. S. Folger, "Fundamentals of Colloidal Stability in Quiescent Media," Encyclopedia of Emulsion Technology, Vol. 3, Chapter 1, P. Becher (ed.), Marcel Dekker, New York, NY (1988).
- Phromsorn, C. J. and T. W. Kennedy, "Evaluation of Laboratory Methods Simulating Aging Effects of Asphalt Binder," Transportation Research Record 1488, Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, Washington, DC (1995), pp. 13-20.
- Ranby, B. and J. F. Rabek, Photodegradation, Photo-oxidation and Photostabilization of Polymers, John Wiley and Sons, London, U.K. (1975).
- Schnabel, W., Polymer Degradation, Hanser Publishers, Munich, Germany (1982).
- Shelton, J. R., "Stabilization Against Thermal Oxidation," in Polymer Stabilization, W. L. Hawkins (ed.), Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY (1972).
- Yoon, H. H., Tarrer, A. R. and V. P. Wagh, "Thermal Degradation of Antistripping Agents and Enhanced Performance by Curing," Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 5 (1) (1993), pp. 1-18.
Previous | Table of Contents