U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Federal Highway Administration Research and Technology
Coordinating, Developing, and Delivering Highway Transportation Innovations
|This report is an archived publication and may contain dated technical, contact, and link information|
Publication Number: FHWA-HRT-04-046
Date: October 2004
|Jim Burati||Clemson University (project principal investigator)|
|Steve DeWitt||North Carolina|
|Chuck Hughes||Consultant (project consultant)|
|Tom Reis Iowa|
|Deniz Sandhu||New York|
|Unable to Attend:||Milt Fletcher||South Carolina|
|Richard Weed||New Jersey|
(1) The meeting began at 8:10 a.m. with a few introductory comments by Peter Kopac.
(2) Jim Burati then went through some administrative issues, including the agenda for the meeting (see attachment 1), participant introductions, and travel reimbursement procedures.
(3) Jim Burati then briefly summarized the progress of the project to date, including the literature search, the summary of State specifications, and the flowcharts of the specification development process.
Action Item: All participants are asked to review the specification summary information for their State and send any corrections or additions to Reagan Prince by fax (864-656-2670) or e-mail (email@example.com).
(4) Chuck Hughes then reviewed the phase I flowchart of the specification development process. Comments and suggestions that were made included:
Action Item: Jim Burati will revise the phase I flowchart to incorporate "Establish criteria for success" as an item. Chuck Hughes will then make any corresponding changes to the text that accompanies the flowchart.
(5) Chuck Hughes then reviewed the phase II flowchart of the specification development process. Comments and suggestions that were made included:
Action Item: Jim Burati will investigate revising the phase II flowchart to incorporate the items suggested in the bullets above. Chuck Hughes will then make any corresponding changes to the text that accompanies the flowchart.
(6) Chuck Hughes then reviewed the phase III flowchart of the specification development process. Comments and suggestions that were made included:
Action Item: Jim Burati will revise the phase III flowchart to ensure that it is consistent with phase I. Chuck Hughes will then make any corresponding changes to the text that accompanies the flowchart.
(7) Jim Burati then reviewed the preliminary specification analyses that have been conducted. These included:
In the interest of clarity, it was suggested that either PWL or PD, but not both, be used in the analyses that are done.
Action Item: The analyses that are performed on the project will all be reported in terms of PWL.
(8) Jim Burati then presented some additional analysis topics that might be considered during the project. These included:
Action Item: Since there was not sufficient time to decide on the above items, it was decided that Jim Burati would distribute the items to the individual panel members for prioritizing and the items would then be returned to him for summarization.
(9) The meeting adjourned at 3:30 p.m.
Prepared and distributed by:
|Jim Burati, Principal Investigator||_____________________________|