Job Site Evaluation of Corrosion Resistant Alloys
The author would like to thank the engineers of the many State departments of transportation who cooperated in both time and effort with this study. Their names are too numerous to mentioned here but are listed as the State contact in table 1 and in appendixes A–H.
- Virmani, Y.P, W.R. Jones, and D.H. Jones, “Steel Corrosion in Concrete: pH at Corrosion Sites,” Public Roads, vol. 84(3), 1984, p. 96.
- Koch, G.H., P.H. Brongers, N.G. Thompson, Y.P. Virmani, and J.H. Payer, Corrosion Costs and Prevention Strategies in the United States, Report No. FHWA-RD-01-156, Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC, March 2002.
- Yunovich, M., N.G. Thompson, and Y.P. Virmani, “Life Cycle Cost Analysis for Reinforced Concrete Bridge Decks,” paper no. 03309, CORROSION/03, March 10–14, 2003, San Diego, CA.
- Stafford, R.T., “Epoxy Coated Rebars,” Parking, March–April 1973, p. 39.
- Clifton, J.R., H.F. Beehgly, and R.G. Mathey, Non-Metallic Coatings for Concrete Reinforcing Bars, Report No. FHWA-RD-74-18, Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC, February 1974.
- Virmani, Y.P., and G.G. Clemena, Corrosion Protection: Concrete Bridges, Report No. FHWA-RD-98-088, Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC, September 1998.
- Powers, R.G., and R. Kessler, Corrosion Evaluation of Substructure, Long Key Bridge, Corrosion Report No. 87-9A, Florida Department of Transportation, Gainesville, FL, 1987.
- Powers, R.G., Corrosion of Epoxy-Coated Rebar, Keys Segmental Bridges, Monroe County, Report No. 88-8A, Florida Department of Transportation, Gainesville, FL, August 1988.
- Zayed, A.M., and A.A. Sagues, “Corrosion of Epoxy-Coated Reinforcing Steel in Concrete,” paper No. 386 presented at CORROSION/89, New Orleans, LA, April 21, 1989.
- Gustafson, D.P., “Epoxy Update,” Civil Engineering, vol. 58, no. 10, p. 38, 1988.
- Clear, K.C., Effectiveness of Epoxy-Coated Reinforcing Steel, final report submitted to Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute, December 1991.
- Clear, K.C., W.H. Hartt, J. McIntyre, and S-K Lee, Performance of Epoxy-Coated Reinforcing Steel in Highway Bridges, Report 370, Transportation Research Board, National Academy Press, Washington, DC, 1995.
- Lee, S.-K., and P.D. Krauss, Long-Term Performance of Epoxy-Coated Reinforcing Steel in Heavy Salt Contaminated Concrete, Report No. FHWA-HRT-04-090, Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC, June 2004.
- Hartt, W.H., R.G. Powers, V. Leroux, and D.K. Lysogorski, A Critical Literature Review of High-Performance Reinforcements in Concrete Bridge Applications, Report No. FHWA-HRT-04-093, Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC, July 2004.
- Hartt, W.H., R.G. Powers , D.K. Lysogorski, V. Liroux, and Y.P. Virmani, Corrosion Resistant Alloys for Reinforced Concrete, Draft Interim report submitted to FHWA by Florida Atlantic University, June 15, 2005.
- McDonald, J.B., D.F. Pfiefer, and G.T. Blake, The Corrosion Performance of Inorganic-, Ceramic-, and Metallic-Clad Reinforcing Bars and Solid Metallic Reinforcing Bars in Accelerated Screening Tests, Report No. FHWA-RD-96-085, Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC, October 1996.
- ASTM A 955/A 955M-06a, “Standard Specification for Deformed and Plain Stainless-Steel Bars for Concrete Reinforcement,” Annual Book of Standards, vol. 01.04, American Society for Testing and Materials, West Conshohocken, PA, 2006.
- AASHTO MP 13M/MP 13-04, “Standard Specification for Stainless Clad Deformed and Plain Round Steel Bars for Concrete Reinforcement,” American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, Washington, DC, 2002.
- ASTM A 1035/A 1035M-06a, “Standard Specification for Deformed and Plain, Low-carbon, Chromium, Steel Bars for Concrete Reinforcement,” Annual Book of Standards, vol. 01.04, American Society for Testing and Materials, West Conshohocken, PA, 2006.
- Wenzlick, J.D., and X. Yin, Evaluation of Stainless Steel Reinforcement, Construction Report, Report No. RDT03-003, Missouri Department of Transportation, P.O. Box 270, Jefferson City, MO 65102, February 2003.