Synthesize Division Interagency Real Estate Agreements and Identify Practices for Improved Interagency Support
Appendix E: List of MOUs/MOAs and Resource Material Relating to Federal Land Transfers
This appendix provides a list of MOUs, MOAs and other guidance material related to Federal Land Transfers which were reviewed by the team as part of its preliminary analysis efforts or as follow-up to findings from the various workshops. Links to documents have been provided where available.
- Environmental Law and Right-of-Way Branch, Office of Chief Counsel, Attorney's Manual for Public Land Transfers and Federal Condemnations (1989), FHWA/USDOT, Pub. No. FHWA-CC-89-006.
- 1998 Memorandum of Understanding between the Federal Highway Administration and the U.S. Forest Service Regarding the Appropriation and Transfer of National Forest System Lands for Highway Purposes. This MOU provides new procedures for Federal-aid highways authorized by a DOT easement and amends processing procedures of the May 11, 1981, MOU (FSM 1535.13 - No. 81-SIE-007) for Forest highways. This MOU also amends and supersedes existing MOU's related to Federal-aid and Forest highways at the Regional and Forest levels.
- Memorandum of Understanding Related to Activities Affecting the State Transportation System/NFS/BLM Public Lands in the State of Colorado, United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service Agreement Number 04-MU-11020000-001 between FHWA, the Colorado Department of Transportation, the United States Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management, 2004.
- Final Report: An Interagency Review of Idaho’s Federal Land Transfer Process, October 20, 2004. The review team for this effort included representatives from the US Forest Service Northern and Intermountain Regions, the Bureau of Land Management Idaho State Office, the Idaho Transportation Department Headquarters Office and the Federal Highway Administration Idaho Division Office.
- Memorandum of Understanding August 2004 Procedures For Wyoming Department of Transportation Roadway Projects Involving National Forest System Lands between FHWA, the U.S. Forest Service and the Wyoming Department of Transportation.
- Memorandum of Understanding between USFS, FHWA and the Wyoming Department of Transportation, September 1999.
- Memorandum of Understanding BLM WYO WY920-02-09-108 between the Bureau of Land Management, FHWA and the Wyoming Department of Transportation.
- Statewide Crossing Agreement between the State of Montana and the Bureau of Reclamation.
- Memorandum Of Understanding between BLM, FHWA and the Nevada Department of Transportation Appendix I, May 1990.
- Memorandum of Understanding between BLM, FHWA and the Nevada Department of Transportation, Appendix II, July 1991.
- Memorandum Of Understanding between BLM, FHWA and the Nevada Department Of Transportation, Appendices III, IV, V & VI, (February 1985, March 1985, April 1985).
- MOU between USFS, FHWA and the South Dakota Department of Transportation, April 1995.
- Interagency Agreement between BLM and FHWA, February 1982.
- United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Management, Instruction Memo 86-148 concerning right-of-way easement acquisitions per the 1982 Interagency Agreement.
- Memorandum of Understanding between FHWA, Western Federal Lands Highway, USFS and the Montana Department of Transportation, 1997.
- Memorandum of Understanding between Montana Department of Transportation, FHWA-Montana Division and the USFS, 1993.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Idaho Transportation Department and USFS, 1982.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the North Dakota Highway Department and USFS, 1988.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the South Dakota Department Of Transportation, FHWA-South Dakota Division and USFS, 1995.
- Internal USFS Direction including USFS Manual 2731 and USFS Handbook 2709.12.
- Sample United States Forest Service Highway Easement Deed, December 2004.
- Sample Bureau of Land Management Highway Easement Deed.
- Colorado Department of Transportation Right of Way Manual, Chapter 11, Sections 2 and 3.
- Memorandum of Understanding between CalTrans, FHWA and the United States Forest Service on deed recordation, 2004.
- Memorandum of Understanding between BLM, FHWA and the Arizona Department of Transportation, dated February 5, 2005.