Skip to content U.S. Department of Transportation/Federal Highway AdministrationU.S. Department of Transportation/Federal Highway Administration

Office of Planning, Environment, & Realty (HEP)
PlanningEnvironmentReal Estate

HEP Events Guidance Publications Awards Contacts

Presentations of Uniform Act Final Rule Implementation

Moves of Personal Property Only

Image: Graphic depicting a single piece of real property bisected by a line indicating the proposed right-of-way will only affect a portion of the property containing some stored materials but will not require a relocation of the main business/residence.


The new § 24.301(e) personal property only. Eligible expenses for a person who is required to move personal property from real property but is not required to move from a dwelling (including a mobile home), business, farm, or nonprofit organization include those expenses described in paragraphs (g)(1) through (g)(7) as well as (g)(18) of this section. (See also Appendix A, § 24.301(e).)

The illustration shows a factory and stockpiled materials within the right-of-way. It could also depict a house with a shed and materials out back that fall inside the required right-of-way. This modification addresses a situation in the old rule where this circumstance was not covered specifically in the case of an acquisition from a residential property. The clarification covers that situation for both residential and nonresidential displacements where the residence or business is not acquired and thus there is no resulting displacement of either a residence or a business.

Updated: 9/5/2014
HEP Home Planning Environment Real Estate
Federal Highway Administration | 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE | Washington, DC 20590 | 202-366-4000