Environmental Program Specialist/Archeologist
12300 West Dakota Avenue, Suite 340
Lakewood, CO 80228
Ph: (720) 963-3218
FAX: (720) 963-3232
Began working in field in 1988
Joined FHWA in 1999
• Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology, Baylor University, Waco, TX
• M.E.S. Environmental Archeology, Baylor University, Waco, TX
• Cultural Resources/Federal Historic Preservation Laws, Section 106|
• Tribal Consultation
• NEPA Project Development
• Document Quality
• Environmental Justice
• Highway Traffic Noise
• I have a thorough knowledge of, and the proven ability to implement federal historic preservation laws and Native American consultation laws, particularly in regards to cultural resource programs and long-range planning in a transportation setting.|
• Cross-trained in both historic & prehistoric archaeology, I have performed archaeological fieldwork in many environments, including rugged mountainous areas, riparian forests, desert scrub, and the unique environment of the California Channel Islands.
• I have investigated, recorded and documented cultural resources in rural and urban areas, including historic cemeteries, mines, logging camps, mills, farmsteads, transportation corridors and traces, etc.
• I have identified, investigated, and inventoried numerous prehistoric Native American sites, ranging from lithic scatters to large villages and campsites.
• Served as the FHWA California Division program lead in Section 106, Tribal Consultation, and Traffic Noise and program lead for Context Sensitive Solutions (CSS).
• Was the FHWA California Division Environmental Program Coordinator responsible for the administration of all environmentally related laws and regulations as they relate to the development and implementation of transportation plans, programs and projects.
• I served as the FHWA California Division Senior Environmental Specialist in both the North and South Regions.
• I was FHWA representative on the Caltrans teams developing 106 PA guidance and revising the Caltrans Cultural Resource Handbook to assist with implementation of the PA.
• I have considerable experience developing and delivering training in environmental regulations, policies and procedures during my tenure with the THC, the TXDOT and the FHWA.
• FHWA Team Contribution Award, Section 6009 Roll-out (2006)
• FHWA Environmental Excellence Award (2005)
• FHWA Exemplary Ecosystem Award (2005)
• Caltrans Pathfinder Award (2002)
• Baylor University, Most Outstanding Anthropology Student Award
• Author, Prehistoric Adaptations in The Blackland Prairie in The Texas Blackland Prairie: Land, History, and Culture. Baylor University Press, 1993 as well as numerous professional papers