FHWA Resource Center
AIR QUALITY TEAM
Demonstration Requirements for Transportation Conformity of Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Programs (TIPs)
Identify if the Item is Complete with a Check and Include the Appropriate Page Number from the Document.
1. The report documents that the TIP is in conformance with the State Implementation Plan (SIP) and complies with the Clean Air Act, the Transportation Conformity Regulation, the Statewide and Metropolitan Planning Regulation, and other applicable federal and state requirements. Page Number ___
2. The report states that the TIP is a subset of the latest conforming Transportation Plan and the conformity determination made for the Transportation Plan also applies to the TIP. Page Number ___
3. The report explains how the requirements of 40 CFR 93.122 (e) are met.
Page Number ___
4. The report supplies a copy of the Metropolitan Planning Organization's (MPO's) and FHWA/FTA's findings of conformity on the current Transportation Plan. Page Number ___
5. The report contains a copy of the Adopting Resolution by the MPO of the TIP, and the Conformity Determination for the TIP. Page Number ___
6. The report contains a cross reference of projects sufficiently described in terms of design concept and design scope for comparison to the Transportation Plan. Page Number ___
7. The report documents comments raised verbally or in writing by an interagency consultation partner and how the MPO addressed such concerns; or, the report states that no significant comments were received. Page Number ___
8. The report documents the public participation process of the TIP including any comments raised verbally or in writing and how the MPO addressed such concerns; or, the report states that no significant comments were received. Page Number ___
9. The report explains how the TIP was developed according to the consultation procedures outlined in 40 CFR 93.105 and 93.112. Page Number ___
Disclaimer: This checklist is intended solely as an informal guideline to be used in reviewing Transportation Plans and TIPs for adequacy of their documentation. It is in no way intended to replace or supercede the Transportation Conformity Regulations 40 CFR Parts 51 and 93, Statewide and Metropolitan Planning Regulations 23 CFR Part 450, or any EPA, FHWA, and FTA guidance pertaining to Transportation Conformity or Statewide and Metropolitan Planning.