FHWA Resource Center
CONSTRUCTION & PROJECT MANAGEMENT TEAM
Construction Quality Initiatives: Quality Highway Construction
With reductions in State construction staffing; changing technologies and programs; and changes in construction specifications, rules and procedures.
Are you satisfied that you are getting high quality, long lasting pavements and bridges?
Has your stewardship program changed to reflect current needs and quality assurance requirements?
Is your staff in need of technical assistance or mentoring the construction discipline?
The Construction and Project Management Technical Service Team is available to provide technical assistance and training to Divisions and State Highway Agencies. The Team can assist in developing quality assurance and quality management programs, construction oversight program, or in seeking out nationwide construction expertise to resolve specific construction concerns.
Putting it in Perspective: Accelerated Construction Technology Transfer (ACTT)
- Construction Project Management and Inspection Guide
- The ACTT program is cosponsored by AASHTO and the FHWA Office of Asset Management to address the construction time and traffic congestion concerns of today's large, complex multi-phase projects.
- The Accelerated Construction program focuses on the objective of "get in, stay in, get out and stay out."
- Using national transportation leaders to identify innovative techniques, strategic planning, and technologies, the ACTT process has proven to be a viable approach which is fully supported by the FHWA Resource Center and the Construction and Project Management Team.
Solution: Construction Quality Initiatives
- Performance Related Specifications
- Accelerated Construction Technology Transfer (ACTT)
- Quality Assurance Programs and Regulations
- Reviews that Get Results Training
- Contract Administration Core Curriculum Training
- Implementation of FHWA Construction Inspection Guide
- Technical Input of Construction Monitoring and Oversight
For more information, contact:
FHWA Resource Center
Phone: (708) 283-3520
FHWA Publication No: FHWA-RC-BAL-04-0015