FY 2002 TCSP Research Recommendations Format
Research Submission and Formatting Requirements
- The recommendation should be no more than 1 page in length following the format described below.
- DO NOT submit additional supporting materials. Each recommendation must stand on its own without the assistance of supplemental materials.
- DO NOT submit letters of support.
- General Information:
File format for electronic submission:
- Page Size: 8-1/2" x 11", portrait orientation.
- Typeface: 11 point.
- Printing: single sided only.
- Binding: DO staple only the top left corner of each copy. No other method of binding than a simple staple should be used.
- Labeling: On each page provide the research title and page number.
Check your disks for viruses. Submit four (4) printed copies and a 3.5-inch disk of the recommendation to the FHWA Division office in the your State by COB Wednesday, January 31, 2001.Recommendations, once submitted, become the property of the United States Department of Transportation.
- File Format: WordPerfect version 6/7/8 or Word version 2000 or earlier on a 3-1/2 inch floppy disk labeled with the project title and name.
- No watermarks, embedded text, or graphics in the document.
Research Recommendation Organization and Format
Page 1. Research Information & Research Abstract
Part A. Information
Research Project Location (City/ County, State): _________________
Research Project Title: ______________________________________
Key Contact Name: ___________________ Title: ________________
Mailing Address (Street/ PO Box): ____________________________
City, State, Zip code: _______________________________________
Phone: _______________________ Fax: _______________________
Web site: ____________________
Congressional District(s) and Congressional Representative name(s)
in which the research activity is proposed. List in order: _________
Estimated cost of research: $ _______________________
Abstract (Maximum 1 page)
The abstract should capture your proposal's main purpose. Describe the research and the expected results. Include the benefits and impacts of conducting the proposed research. The abstract should also describe how the research effort meets each TCSP objective and how the following objectives will be accomplished by the research activities.
- Improve the efficiency of the transportation system.
- Reduce the impacts of transportation on the environment.
- Reduce the need for costly future investments in public infrastructure.
- Ensure efficient access to jobs, services, and centers of trade.
- Examine development patterns and identify strategies to encourage private sector development patterns that achieve the goals of the TCSP.
Previous | Contents | Next
Return to Top
Last updated December 8, 2000