TPM Technical Assistance Program
Please read the following carefully before submitting your request.
FHWA is offering technical assistance on Transportation Performance Management (TPM) to State DOTs, MPOs, public transportation agencies, local governments, and other public entities. Typical areas of assistance include, but are not limited to, the following TPM topics:
- Performance Management
- Performance Measures
- Data Collection / Management
- Data Assessment / Evaluation
- Target Setting
- Analytical Tools
- Strategic Highway Safety Plan
- Asset Management Plan
- Congestion Management Plan
- Performance-based Planning and Programming
Technical assistance can be provided through:
- Regional workshops facilitated by an experienced peer of technical experts bringing together multiple States, MPOs, transit agencies, and local governments.
- State-Specific workshops facilitated by an experienced peer of technical experts (on-site, webinar-based, or video conferencing) bringing together public and planning entities that would need to coordinate together to manage transportation performance in the state.
- Facilitated peer exchanges and/or demonstration workshops. Focused events on a specific TPM topic where peers come together to share best practices.
- Direct assistance from FHWA via phone calls, email exchanges, general instruction, or site visits.
Any public authority or transportation entity may apply for technical assistance from the TPM- Technical Assistance Program.
Technical Assistance Request Form
Please complete the form below to request TPM technical assistance. FHWA will respond to all requests with recommendations on options for technical assistance.
FHWA will follow up after technical assistance is provided to obtain feedback on the overall effectiveness of the assistance event/activity. For peer exchanges FHWA will work with the coordinator of the event approximately six months after the exchange to assess any benefits that have resulted from the assistance. This information will be useful to improve FHWA’s delivery of technical assistance.