Driving the Byway
- The Russel-Brasstown National Scenic Byway starts northwest of Helen, Georgia, at the junction of SR 75 and the Unicoi Turnpike.
- Drive northwest at the Unicoi turnpike to SR 180.
- Head west to GA 180 and from here, take a short detour to the Brasstown Bald Visitor Center by driving north on GA 180 to the end of the road.
- After enjoying the visitor center, head back to the junction of SR 180 and GA 180.
- Continue south to Richard B. Russell Scenic Highway.
- Head south to GA 75 then drive north, back to the Unicoi Turnpike.