Driving the Byway
The Big Bend Scenic Byway is a two-part corridor, consisting of a Coastal Trail and a Forest Trail.
Coastal Trail Section
- To travel the Coastal Trail, begin on Market Street in Apalachicola at Scipio Creek Marina.
- Continue along Market Street to US 98/SR30/Avenue E in Apalachicola.
- Go to US 98/SR 30 (John Gorrie Memorial Bridge).
- Go to CR 65 in Eastpoint.
- On CR 65 (South Bayshore Drive), go southbound to SR 300.
- On SR 300 (Island Drive) go eastbound on CR 300 (East Gorrie Drive) from SR 300 to the entrance of Dr. Julian G. Bruce St. George Island State Park.
- Continue southbound on SR 300 to the east boundary of the state park.
- Return northbound along SR 300 from CR 65 to Patton Drive.
- On Patton Drive, go to US 98/US 319/SR 30.
- Go to SR 30-A in Carrabelle.
- On CR 30-A (Gulf Avenue) go from US 98/US 319/Sr 30 to US 319/SR 377 (Sopchoppy Highway).
- Go through the Franklin/Wakulla County Line, through Panacea, past US 319/SR 375, past US 319/SR 61, to SR 363.
Forest Trail Section
The Forest Trail section of the byway begins on SR 65 (James Gadsden highway) at US 98/US 319/SR 30 and goes to the Apalachicola National Forest Boundary.
- Go along SR 65 and come to the Franklin/Liberty County Line.
- Continue along the Sopchoppy Highway from the line to CR 299 (Curtis Mills Road).
- Travel from US 319/SR 377 to CR 22. Along CR 22 (Rose Street) go from CR 299 to CR 375 in Sopchoppy.
- On CR 375 go form the CR 22/CR 375 intersection to Winthrop Street, then go northbound on CR 375.
- From the Wakulla/Leon County Line, go eastbound along SR 20 and go to SR 263.
- Go to SR 267 at US 98/SR 30 and go to CR 373.
- From there, go back to the Wakulla/Leon County Line and travel along Springhill Road to SR 263 (Capital Circle).
- End at SR 20 (Blountstown Highway).