FHWA Traffic Noise Model Version 1.1
The FHWA TNM Version 1.1 is the first 32-bit upgrade to the FHWA TNM Version 1.0 release package. It is a complete release package. Use of the FHWA TNM Version 1.1 requires prior purchase and registration of the FHWA TNM Version 1.0, released in March 1998.
The FHWA TNM Version 1.1 includes the following:
- Implementation of 32-bit coding architecture.
- Substantial improvements to computational run-time.
- Updating of DXF import functionality with compatibility to AutoCAD® 2000.
- Implementation of new barrier design table.
- Implementation of a single comprehensive receiver input dialog.
- Implementation of batch-mode capabilities.
- Addressing of additional bug fixes.
- Implementation of additional error-catching mechanisms.
- An addendum to the User's Guide.
Windows 95, 98, and ME users:
There is a Microsoft® Windows 95/98/ME compatibility bug in the FHWA TNM Version 1.1. This error does not occur for Windows NT or Windows 2000 users.
- Bug Description:
- After creating a new run, opening an input dialog or the FHWA TNM table may generate an error that exits FHWA TNM.
- After calculating a run, opening an input dialog or the FHWA TNM table may generate an error that exits the FHWA TNM.
To avoid this error (after creating a new run and after calculating a run), close the run, then re-open it. All dialogs and tables will then open correctly.
The following documents are associated with the FHWA TNM Version 1.1:
- FHWA Traffic Noise Model® Version 1.1 User's Guide (Addendum) (HTML), or (PDF - 1.9Mb) September 2000
- For instructions on how to install TNM 1.1 alongside an existing TNM installation click here,