RTP and TE Update - July 2007
- Federal Share, Payments on Federal Projects, and Donations and Credits
- 23 U.S.C. 120(k) and (l): Federal Share Payable [for projects with Federal Agencies]
- 23 U.S.C. 132: Payments on Federal-aid projects undertaken by a Federal agency
- 23 U.S.C. 323: Donations and Credits
For the Recreational Trails Program
- Action Due September 10: State Recreational Trail Advisory Committees
- State Trail Administrators Meeting Update
Federal Share, Payments on Federal Projects, and Donations and Credits
This section has moved to: www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/recreational_trails/guidance/financial_management/fedshare.cfm.
ACTION for RTP
RTP Advisory Committee Meetings in FY 2007 [Reply Due September 10, 2007]
FHWA Headquarters will send out an official inquiry soon asking for confirmation that States have had their FY 2007 State Recreational Trail Advisory Committee Meetings to be eligible for FY 2008 Recreational Trails Program funds. You may respond before we send the inquiry: please send an email, attaching a copy of the meeting minutes from one meeting.
Already responded for FY 2007: CT, GA, HI, ID, KS, KY, ME, MA, MN, NE, NH, ND, OK, SC, SD, TN, VA, WV, WY: these State do NOT need to respond. All other States will need to respond. (OH confirmed its likely date, but will need to respond officially.)
I want to encourage all the States to have their meetings early in the Fiscal Year, before July, especially southeastern States who have to worry about hurricane season.
State Trail Administrators Meetings
- 2007: See STAM 2007 information at www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/recreational_trails/events/stam_2007/. We updated the website to include an updated agenda. We will soon include information about the mobile workshops, at which time we will ask you to sign up for specific workshops. Hotel Registration is open.
- 2008: We will meet either before or after the National Trails Symposium in November 2008, in Little Rock AR.
- 2009: We will meet in July 2007 in Gainesville FL, hosted by the Florida Office of Greenways and Trails and the Southeastern Equestrian Trails Conference, with participation likely from the International Mountain Bicycling Association.
- 2010: We will meet either before or after the National Trails Symposium in October/November 2010, in Chattanooga TN.
- 2011: Who wants to host?
Snow States: I hope to send my inquiry for snowmobile information to the Snow States later this week.
Meanwhile, enjoy a Happy 4th of July, and Keep Safe: wear your seatbelt, helmet, etc.