The page you requested has moved and you've automatically been taken to its new location.
Please update your link or bookmark after closing this notice.
Office of Planning, Environment, & Realty (HEP
HEP Research Program Frequently Asked Question
- What is the main focus of the research program within the Office of Planning, Environment, and Realty?
- The research funding mechanism was changed by legislation, but the research program areas remain similar and are focused on strengthening transportation planning and environmental decision-making.
- The research program area has a national focus to improve transportation planning, processes, programming, operations, and coordination.
- How is HEP's research coordinated with other transportation research?
- Research is coordinated through all programs including:
- The Strategic Highway Research Program 2 (SHRP2) funding will help transportation agencies begin deploying products developed under the second Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP).
- The Center for Environmental Excellence, developed in cooperation with FHWA, continues to promote environmental stewardship and innovative ways to streamline the transportation delivery process.
- The National Cooperative Highway Research Program conducts research in problem areas that affect highway planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance nationwide.
- The Turner Fairbank Highway Research Center which provides FHWA and the world highway community with research and development related to new highway technologies.
- Who can I contact for more information?