Skip to content U.S. Department of Transportation/Federal Highway AdministrationU.S. Department of Transportation/Federal Highway Administration
Office of Planning, Environment, & Realty (HEP)

Announcement of National Scenic Byways Program Funding Decisions

  1. The Secretary of Transportation determines projects to be funded.

  2. The Secretary's office notifies Congress following the selection of projects for funding.

  3. FHWA headquarters staff notifies FHWA division office byway contacts and posts grant awards on the website.

  4. FHWA prepares and distributes an allocation memo upon notification by the division that projects are ready to obligate. The allocation memo includes the necessary Federal accounting codes for posting funds in the Federal Management Information System (FMIS).

Updated: 1/31/2017
HEP Home Planning Environment Real Estate
Federal Highway Administration | 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE | Washington, DC 20590 | 202-366-4000