CASE (Contracting Alternatives Suitability Evaluator) Webtool
Launched in 2021, the CASE (Contracting Alternatives Suitability Evaluator) Webtool is FHWA's online tool that supports public agencies and other transportation organizations in selecting the most effective short- and long-term contracting methods. Read more about the CASE Webtool.
CASE Webtool Key Points
- Designed to be used by state, local, and Tribal transportation agencies, along with their project teams.
- Value of the tool: Using the most appropriate alternative contracting method (ACM) generally results in significant time and money savings via better risk management and incorporation of innovation.
- Purpose of the tool: Helps agencies and FHWA Field Offices evaluate short-term and long-term ACMs.
Learn more by viewing the Introduction to the CASE Webtool presentation and webinar replay.
Also view Contracting Alternatives resources.
Create an Account to Access the CASE Webtool
You must create an account to access the CASE Webtool. Follow the steps below for USDOT or non-USDOT users.
USDOT Users with PIV Cards
- Connect to the USDOT network using your PIV card.
- Go to the CASE Webtool homepage: https://case.fhwa.dot.gov/account/login.
- Click Sign In on the top right of the homepage.
- On the Login.gov page, click Sign in with your government employee ID.
- Login.gov will recognize your PIV card and then bring you to the CASE Webtool dashboard.
Non-USDOT Users (State, Local, Tribal Transportation Agencies, all Other Users)
Use your work email address to create your CASE Webtool account. The use of a web email address (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) requires prior approval by the CASE Webtool Administrator. Contact the Administrator here.
Using your work email address, follow these steps to create two accounts: a Login.gov account and a CASE Webtool account:
- Create an account at Login.gov
- After you create your Login.gov account, go back to the CASE Webtool homepage.
- Click Sign In on the top right of the homepage and enter your Login.gov email and password. You will be redirected to the “Request a CASE Webtool Account” page.
- Complete and submit the CASE Webtool registration form. Your account will be approved in 1-2 business days.
- Once approved, you can log in into the CASE Webtool anytime by clicking Sign In on the CASE Webtool homepage.
Contracting Alternatives Resources
Training and technical assistance is available from FHWA. For assistance, contact David Unkefer at David.Unkefer@dot.gov.
Visit case.fhwa.dot.gov to use the CASE Webtool for your next project.