- Briefing Room
U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
FHWA Order 4420.2
|PROCEDURES FOR NOTIFYING THE OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION OF PROPOSED CONTRACT AND GRANT AWARDS|
|Classification Code||Date||Office of Primary Interest|
|4420.2||March 17, 1982||Office of the Secretary of Transportation (OST)|
(1) Allocations of discretionary funds awards for the Federal-aid highway program exceeding $200,000.
(2) Contracts executed at the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Headquarters, and direct Federal program contracts exceeding $200,000.
(3) Annual FHWA apportionments of Federal-aid funds, determined either by legislative or administrative formula.
(4) Direct Federal program contracts for client agency work, to the extent prescribed in paragraph 6b.
(1) Public and Congressional Notifications. For each grant award and contract to which these procedures apply, provide information in the format shown in Attachment 1 (Proposed Award of Contract or Grant -RCS HPA-1-01). [SEE PRINTED COPY OF ORDER FOR A COPY OF THIS ATTACHMENT]
(2) Prenotifications. For each procurement request, contract and contract modification to which these procedures apply, provide information in the formatshown in Attachment 2 (Prenotification of Contract or Grant/Cooperative Agreement - RCS HPA-01-02). [SEE PRINTED COPY OF ORDER FOR A COPY OF THIS ATTACHMENT]
(1) review for sufficiency each submission describing an impending funds or contract award, and
(2) inform the Office of the administrator and the Office of Public Affairs, Office of the Secretary (OPA-OST), of each impending award.
(1) With respect to notifications covered in paragraph 4a(1), (2) and (3) the originating office will:
(2) Following approval by the Administrator, the OPA will promptly forward by memorandum two copies of therequired information to the OPA-OST. One copy is provided for the OPA-OST and one copy for the Office of Congressional Affairs, OST. The covering memorandum will contain the following information, as appropriate in each case:
(3) The award may be announced by the originating office following notification of release date from the OPA.
(1) The originating office will complete the following information items in the format of Attachment 1 and submit three copies to the OPA: FROM: (Federal Highway Administration) ADMINISTRATOR/ DESIGNEE SIGNATURE: (Direct Federal Program Administrator)ADMINISTERED BY: (Client agency)NAME/ADDRESS OF CONTRACTOR OR GRANTEE: (Name of Contractor) AMOUNT: (Amount of Contract)
(2) The OPA will promptly forward two copies of the information listed paragraph 6b(1) to the OPA-OST.
(3) Announcement of the contract award does not require notification of release date from OPA.
(1) submit a copy of the required information to the Office of the Administrator for review;
(2) following approval in the Office of theAdministrator, submit one copy of the information to OST (S-10); and
(3) unless within ten working days following submission to OST (S-10) a written notification disapproving or requesting additional time for review of the proposed contract or modification has been received from that office, proceed with the release of the synopsis and the solicitation on the projected dates.
L. P. Lamm