One of the overarching goals of the FHWA's Sustainable Pavements Program is to increase the awareness, visibility, and the body of knowledge of sustainability considerations in the design, construction, operations, maintenance, and rehabilitation of pavement systems. This is particularly critical as a growing number of stakeholders in the pavement community are embracing the need to adopt more sustainable practices in all aspects of their work and are continually seeking the latest technical information and guidance available to help improve those practices. There is a critical need for effective outreach activities to ensure that key information is made available to stakeholder in a way that is both understandable and accessible. The FHWA is developing Tech Briefs and conducting webinars on key topics pertaining to pavement sustainability.
- TechBrief: Strategies for Improving the Sustainability of Concrete Pavements,
- TechBrief: Strategies for Improving the Sustainability of Asphalt Pavements,
- TechBrief: Climate Change Adaptation for Pavements,
- TechBrief: Life Cycle Assessment of Pavements,
- TechBrief: Pavement Sustainability,
A series of five webinars was held to highlight the content in the document "Towards Sustainable Pavement Systems: A Reference Document." The target audience for the webinars was State Department of Transportation (DOT) practitioners and other key stakeholders in the pavement community.