(March 7, 2014)
Example: I want to get Total Workers by Industry at workplace for all tracts in Cumberland, PA
Table Used in this example:
A202104 Industry (15) (Workers 16 years and over) (Universe: Workplace: Workers 16 years and over )
1. Open CTPP software web page and Sign In (or Register) (http://ctpp.transportation.org/Pages/5-Year-Data.aspx)
2. Geography Selection Process.
a. Click WORKPLACE:
b. Click State-County-Tract then click Clear Full Selection on the top right corner of the following page.
c. Click Selection map tab.
d. Select POW County under ZOOM TO on the top right corner.
e. Check the box next to Automatically highlight pow state-county-tract. Type Cumberland in the input box and select Cumberland County, Pennsylvania from the list.
f. Click Add all highlighted POW State-County-Tract(s) to selection on the top right corner.
g. Click Save selection set and type the set name in the input box Set name (shown on the Figure 8 bottom). Click OK.
3. Click Show CTPP Tables on the top right corner of the following page.
4. Select Part 2: Workplace option.
5. Select Workplace: Workers 16 years and over option.
6. Select Workplace: Workers 16 years and over - Set A (from microdata) option.
7. Select A202104 - Industry (15) (Workers 16 years and over) option.
8. Select Save table view as on the following page.
9. Type the Report Name in the input box and click OK.
10. Click Download table data on the following page to download the data.
11. Select format of the file that is desired to be saved as.
12. Going back to the report page and clicking Map leads to the map view of the data.
13. In the ADD THEMATIC ANALYSIS window, select Foreground - Pie Chart from the drop down list in SHOW USING. Choose Transportation, Finance, Professional, Educational and Public administration (Hold Ctrl key to select multiple items) from the list under VARIABLES and click OK.
14. The results are shown as pie charts in the map. Mouse over individual tract to show the details information for each tract.