High Priority Corridors
Statutory Listing of Corridor Descriptions
In ISTEA (P.L. 102-240 Section 1105)
Amended by P.L. 102-388 Section 351
Amended by P.L. 104-59 Section 332
Amended by P.L. 105-178 Section 1211
Amended by P.L. 105-206 Section 9003
Amended by P.L. 106-069 Section 361
Amended by P.L. 106-554 Section 1106
Amended by P.L. 107-87 Sections 362, 365, 366, 367
Amended by P.L. 107-259 Section 1
Amended by P.L. 108-199 Division F Section 111
Amended by P.L. 109-59 Section 1304
Amended by P.L. 110-244 Section 114
Amended by P.L. 112-141 Section 1104
SEC. 1105. HIGH PRIORITY CORRIDORS ON NATIONAL HIGHWAY SYSTEM. (c) Identification of High Priority Corridors on National Highway System. The following are high priority corridors on the National Highway System:
- North-South Corridor from Kansas City, Missouri, to Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Avenue of the Saints Corridor from St. Louis, Missouri, to St. Paul, Minnesota.
- East-West Transamerica Corridor commencing on the Atlantic Coast in the Hampton Roads area going westward across Virginia to the vicinity of Lynchburg, Virginia, continuing west to serve Roanoke and then to a West Virginia corridor centered around Beckley to Welch as part of the Coalfields Expressway described in section 1069(v), then to Williamson sharing a common corridor with the I-73/74 Corridor (referred to in item 12 of the table contained in subsection (f)), then to a Kentucky Corridor centered on the cities of Pikeville, Jenkins, Hazard, London, Somerset; then generally following the Louie B. Nunn Parkway corridor [I-66] from Somerset to Columbia, to I-65; then to Bowling Green, Hopkinsville, Benton, and Paducah, into Illinois, and into Missouri and exiting western Missouri and moving westward across southern Kansas.
- Hoosier Heartland Industrial Corridor from Lafayette, Indiana, to Toledo, Ohio.
I-73/74 North-South Corridor from Charleston, South Carolina, through Winston-Salem, North Carolina, to Portsmouth, Ohio, to Cincinnati, Ohio, to termini at Detroit, Michigan and Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. The Sault Ste. Marie terminus shall be reached via a corridor connecting Adrian, Jackson, Lansing, Mount Pleasant, and Grayling, Michigan.
- In the Commonwealth of Virginia, the Corridor shall generally follow--
- United States Route 220 from the Virginia-North Carolina border to I-581 south of Roanoke;
- 581 to I-81 in the vicinity of Roanoke;
- I-81 to the proposed highway to demonstrate intelligent transportation systems authorized by item 29 of the table in section 1107(b) in the vicinity of Christiansburg to United States Route 460 in the vicinity of Blacksburg; and
- United States Route 460 to the West Virginia State line.
- In the States of West Virginia, Kentucky, and Ohio, the Corridor shall generally follow--
- United States Route 460 from the West Virginia State line to United States Route 52 at Bluefield, West Virginia; and
- United States Route 52 to United States Route 23 at Portsmouth, Ohio.
- In the States of North Carolina and South Carolina, the Corridor shall generally follow:
- in the case of I-73--
- United States Route 220 from the Virginia State line to State Route 68 in the vicinity of Greensboro;
- State Route 68 to I-40;
- I-40 to United States Route 220 in Greensboro;
- United States Route 220 to United States Route 1 near Rockingham;
- United States Route 1 to the South Carolina State line; and
- South Carolina State line to the Myrtle Beach Conway region to Georgetown, South Carolina, including a connection to Andrews following the route 41 corridor and to Camden following the U.S. Route 521 corridor; and
- in the case of I-74--
- I-77 from Bluefield, West Virginia, to the junction of I-77 and the United States Route 52 connector in Surry County, North Carolina;
- the I-77/United States Route 52 connector to United States Route 52 south of Mount Airy, North Carolina;
- United States Route 52 to United States Route 311 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina;
- United States Route 311 to United States Route 220 in the vicinity of Randleman, North Carolina;
- United States Route 220 to United States Route 74 near Rockingham;
- United States Route 74 to United States Route 76 near Whiteville;
- United States Route 74/76 to the South Carolina State line in Brunswick County; and
- South Carolina State line to the Myrtle Beach Conway region to Georgetown, South Carolina.
- United States Route 80 Corridor from Meridian, Mississippi, to Savannah, Georgia.
- East-West Corridor from Memphis, Tennessee, through Huntsville, Alabama, to Atlanta, Georgia, and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Highway 412 East-West Corridor from Tulsa, Oklahoma, through Arkansas along United States Route 62/63/65 to Nashville, Tennessee.
- United States Route 220 and the Appalachian Thruway Corridor from Business 220 in Bedford, Pennsylvania, to the vicinity of Corning, New York , including United States Route 322 between United States Route 220 and I-80. [I-99]
- Appalachian Regional Corridor X.
- Appalachian Regional Corridor V.
- United States Route 25E Corridor from Corbin, Kentucky, to Morristown, Tennessee, via Cumberland Gap, to include that portion of Route 58 in Virginia which lies within the Cumberland Gap Historical Park.
- Raleigh-Norfolk Corridor, Raleigh, North Carolina, to Norfolk, Virginia.
- Heartland Expressway from Denver, Colorado, through Scottsbluff, Nebraska, to Rapid City, South Dakota as follows:
- In the State of Colorado, the Heartland Expressway Corridor shall generally follow-
- Interstate 76 from Denver to Brush; and
- Colorado Highway 71 from Limon to the border between the States of Colorado
- And Nebraska.
- In the State of Nebraska, the Heartland Expressway Corridor shall generally follow-
- Nebraska Highway 71 from the border between the States of Colorado and Nebraska to Scottsbluff;
- United States Route 26 from Scottsbluff to the intersection with State Highway L62A;
- State Highway L62A from the intersection with United States Route 26 to United States Route 385 north of Bridgeport;
- United States Route 385 to the border between the States of Nebraska and South Dakota; and
- United States Highway 26 from Scottsbluff to the border of the States of Nebraska and Wyoming.
- In the State of Wyoming, the Heartland Expressway Corridor shall generally follow United States Highway 26 from the border of the States of Nebraska and Wyoming to the termination at Interstate 25 at Interchange Number 94.
- In the State of South Dakota, the Heartland Expressway Corridor shall generally follow-
- United States Route 385 from the border between the States of Nebraska and South Dakota to the intersection with 1 State Highway 79; and
- State Highway 79 from the intersection with United States Route 385 to Rapid City.''
- Urban Highway Corridor along M-59 in Michigan.
- Economic Lifeline Corridor along I-15 and I-40 in California, Arizona, and Nevada.
- Route 29 Corridors from Greensboro, North Carolina, to the District of Columbia.
- Corridor from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, through Port Huron, Michigan, southwesterly along Interstate Route 69 through Indianapolis, Indiana, through Evansville, Indiana, Memphis, Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Shreveport / Bossier Louisiana, to Houston, Texas, and to the Lower Rio Grande Valley at the border between the United States and Mexico, as follows: [I-69]
- In Michigan, the corridor shall be from Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, southwesterly along Interstate Route 94 to the Ambassador Bridge interchange in Detroit, Michigan.
- In Michigan and Illinois, the corridor shall be from Windsor, Ontario, Canada, through Detroit, Michigan, westerly along Interstate Route 94 to Chicago, Illinois.
- In Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Louisiana, the Corridor shall--
- follow the alignment generally identified in the Corridor 18 Special Issues Study Final Report; and
- include a connection between the Corridor east of Wilmar, Arkansas, and west of Monticello, Arkansas, to Pine Bluff, Arkansas
- In the Lower Rio Grande Valley, the Corridor shall-
- include United States Route 77 from the Rio Grande River to Interstate Route 37 at Corpus Christi, Texas, and then to Victoria, Texas, via United States Route 77; [I-69 East]
- include United States Route 281 from the Rio Grande River to Interstate Route 37 and then to Victoria, Texas, via United States Route 59; [I-69 Central] and
- include the Corpus Christi North-side Highway and Rail Corridor from the existing intersection of United States Route 77 and Interstate Route 37 to United States Route 181, including FM511 from United States Route 77 to the Port of Brownsville.
- In Kentucky, the corridor shall utilize the existing Purchase Parkway from the Tennessee State line to Interstate 24, follow Interstate Route 24 to the Wendell H. Ford Western Kentucky Parkway, then utilize the existing Wendell H. Ford Western Kentucky Parkway and Edward T. Breathitt (Pennyrile) Parkway to Henderson.
- United States Route 395 Corridor from the United States-Canadian border to Reno, Nevada.
- United States Route 59 Corridor from Laredo, Texas, through Houston, Texas, to the vicinity of Texarkana, Texas. [I-69]
- United States Route 219 Corridor from Buffalo, New York, to the intersection of Interstate Route 80.
- The Alameda Transportation Corridor along Alameda Street from the entrance to the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach to Interstate 10, Los Angeles, California.
- The Interstate Route 35 Corridor from Laredo, Texas, through Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, to Wichita, Kansas, to Kansas City, Kansas/ Missouri, to Des Moines, Iowa, to Minneapolis, Minnesota, to Duluth, Minnesota, including I-29 between Kansas City and the Canadian border and the connection from Wichita, Kansas, to Sioux City, Iowa, which includes I-135 from Wichita, Kansas to Salina, Kansas, United States Route 81 from Salina, Kansas, to Norfolk, Nebraska, Nebraska State Route 35 from Norfolk, Nebraska, to South Sioux City, Nebraska, and the connection to I-29 in Sioux City, Iowa.
- The Dalton Highway from Deadhorse, Alaska to Fairbanks, Alaska.
- State Route 168 (South Battlefield Boulevard), Virginia, from the Great Bridge Bypass to the North Carolina State line.
- The CANAMEX Corridor from Nogales, Arizona, through Las Vegas, Nevada, to Salt Lake City, Utah, to Idaho Falls, Idaho, to Montana, to the Canadian Border as follows:
- In the State of Arizona, the CANAMEX Corridor shall generally follow--
- I-19 from Nogales to Tucson;
- I-10 from Tucson to Phoenix; and
- United States Route 93 in the vicinity of Phoenix to the Nevada Border [I-11].
- In the State of Nevada, the CANAMEX Corridor shall follow-
- United States Route 93 from the Arizona Border to Las Vegas; [I-11] and
- I-15 from Las Vegas to the Utah Border.
- From the Utah Border through Montana to the Canadian Border, the CANAMEX Corridor shall follow I-15.
- The Camino Real Corridor from El Paso, Texas, to Denver, Colorado, as follows:
- In the State of Texas, the Camino Real Corridor shall generally follow--
- .arterials from the international ports of entry to I-10 in El Paso County; and
- .I-10 from El Paso County to the New Mexico border.
- In the State of New Mexico, the Camino Real Corridor shall generally follow--
- I-10 from the Texas Border to Las Cruces; and
- I-25 from Las Cruces to the Colorado Border.
- In the State of Colorado, the Camino Real Corridor shall generally follow I-25 from the New Mexico border to Denver continuing to the Wyoming border.
- In the State of Wyoming, the Camino Real Corridor shall generally follow--
- I-25 north to join with I-90 at Buffalo; and
- I-90 to the Montana border.
- In the State of Montana, the Camino Real Corridor shall generally follow--
- I-90 to Billings; and
- Montana Route 3, United States Route 12, United States Route 191, United States Route 87, to I-15 at Great Falls; and
- I-15 from Great Falls to the Canadian border.
- The Birmingham Northern Beltline beginning at I-59 in the vicinity of Trussville, Alabama, and traversing westwardly intersecting with United States Route 75, United States Route 79, and United States Route 31; continuing southwestwardly intersecting United States Route 78 and terminating at I-59 with the I-459 interchange.
- The Coalfields Expressway beginning at Beckley, West Virginia, to Pound, Virginia, generally following the corridor defined as State Routes 54, 97, 10, 16, and 83.
- Interstate Route 5 in the States of California, Oregon, and Washington, including California State Route 905 between Interstate Route 5 and the Otay Mesa Port of Entry.
- The Mon-Fayette Expressway and Southern Beltway in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- The Wisconsin Development Corridor from the Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin border near Dubuque, Iowa, to the Upper Mississippi River Basin near Eau Claire, Wisconsin, as follows:
- United States Route 151 from the Iowa border to Fond du Lac via Madison, Wisconsin, then United States Route 41 from Fond du Lac to Marinette via Oshkosh, Appleton, and Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- State Route 29 from Green Bay to I-94 via Wausau, Chippewa Falls, and Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
- United States Route 10 from Appleton to Marshfield, Wisconsin.
- The Capital Gateway Corridor following United States Route 50 from the proposed intermodal transportation center connected to ''and including the I-395 corridor'' in Washington, D.C., to the intersection of United States Route 50 with Kenilworth Avenue and the Baltimore-Washington Parkway in Maryland.
- The Alameda Corridor-East and South- west Passage, California. The Alameda Corridor- East is generally described as the corridor from East Los Angeles (terminus of Alameda Corridor) through Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, and Riverside Counties, to termini at Barstow in San Bernardino County and Coachella in Riverside County. The Southwest Passage shall follow I-10 from San Bernardino to the Arizona State line.
- Everett-Tacoma FAST Corridor.
- New York and Pennsylvania State Route 17 from Harriman, New York, to its intersection with I-90 in Pennsylvania. [I-86]
- United States Route 90 from I-49 in Lafayette, Louisiana, to I-10 in New Orleans.
- The Ports-Plains Corridor from Laredo, Texas, via I-27 to Denver Colorado, shall include:
- In the State of Texas the Ports-to-Plains Corridor shall generally follow--
- I. I 35 from Laredo to United States Route 83 at Exit 18;
- United States Route 83 from Exit 18 to Carrizo Springs;
- United States Route 277 from Carrizo Springs to San Angelo;
- IV. United States Route 87 from San Angelo to Sterling City;
- V. From Sterling City to Lamesa, the Corridor shall follow United States Route 87 and, the corridor shall also follow Texas Route 158 from Sterling City to I 20, then via I 20 West to Texas Route 349 and, Texas Route 349 from Midland to Lamesa;
- VI. United States Route 87 from Lamesa to Lubbock;
- I 27 from Lubbock to Amarillo;
- United States Route 287 from Amarillo to Dumas; and
- IX. United States Route 287 from Dumas to the border between the States of Texas and Oklahoma, and also United States Route 87 from Dumas to the border between the States of Texas and New Mexico.
- In the State of Oklahoma, the Ports-to-Plains Corridor shall generally follow United States Route 287 from the border between the States of Texas and Oklahoma to the border between the States of Oklahoma and Colorado.
- In the State of Colorado, the Ports-to-Plains Corridor shall generally follow--
- United States Route 287 from the border between the States of Oklahoma and Colorado to Limon; and
- Interstate Route 70 from Limon to Denver.
- In the State of New Mexico, the Ports-to-Plains Corridor shall generally follow United States Route 87 from the border between the States of Texas and New Mexico to Raton.
- The corridor designation contained in subclauses (I) through (VIII) of subparagraph (A)(i) shall take effect only if the Texas Transportation Commission has not designated the Ports-to-Plains Corridor in Texas by June 30, 2001.
- United States Route 63 from Marked Tree, Arkansas, to I-55.
- The Greensboro Corridor from Danville, Virginia, to Greensboro, North Carolina, along United States Route 29.
- The Falls-to-Falls Corridor--United States Route 53 from International Falls on the Minnesota/Canada border to Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.
- The portion of Corridor V of the Appalachian development highway system from Interstate Route 55 near Batesville, Mississippi, to the intersection with Corridor X of the Appalachian development highway system near Fulton, Mississippi.
- The United States Route 95 Corridor from the Canadian border at Eastport, Idaho, to the Oregon State border.
- The Louisiana Highway 1 corridor from Grand Isle, Louisiana, along Louisiana Highway 1, to the intersection with United States Route 90.
- The United States Route 78 Corridor from Memphis, Tennessee, to Corridor X of the Appalachian Development Highway System near Fulton, Mississippi, and Corridor X of the Appalachian Development Highway System extending from near Fulton, Mississippi, to near Birmingham, Alabama. [I-22]
- Interstate Route 710 between the terminus at Long Beach, California, to California State Route 60.
- Interstate Route 87 from the Quebec border to New York City.
- The Route 50 High Plains Corridor along the United States Route 50 corridor from Newton, Kansas, to Pueblo, Colorado.
- The Atlantic Commerce Corridor on Interstate Route 95 from Jacksonville, Florida, to Miami, Florida.
- The East-West Corridor commencing in Watertown, New York, continuing northeast through New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine, and terminating in Calais, Maine.
- The SPIRIT Corridor on United States Route 54 from El Paso, Texas, through New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma to Wichita, Kansas.
- The route in Arkansas running south of and parallel to Arkansas State Highway 226 from the relocation of United States Route 67 to the vicinity of United States Route 49 and United States Route 63.
- United States Highway Route 6 from Interstate Route 70 to Interstate Route 15, Utah.
- The California Farm-to-Market Corridor, California State Route 99 from south of Bakersfield to Sacramento, California.
- In Texas, Interstate Route 20 from Interstate Route 35E in Dallas County, east to the intersection of Interstate Route 635, north to the intersection of Interstate Route 30, northeast through Texarkana to Little Rock, Arkansas, Inter-state Route 40 northeast from Little Rock east to the proposed Interstate Route 69 corridor.
- In the State of Texas, the La Entrada al Pacifico Corridor consisting of the following highways and any portion of a highway in a corridor on 2 miles of either side of the center line of the highway:
- State Route 349 from Lamesa to the point on that highway that is closest to 32 degrees, 7 minutes, north latitude, by 102 degrees, 6 minutes, west longitude.
- The segment or any roadway extending from the point described by subparagraph (A) to the point on Farm-to-Market Road 1788 closest to 32 degrees, 0 minutes, north latitude, by 102 degrees, 16 minutes, west longitude.
- Farm-to-Market Road 1788 from the point described by subparagraph (B) to its intersection with Interstate Route 20.
- Interstate Route 20 from its intersection with Farm-to-Market Road 1788 to its intersection with United States Route 385.
- United States Route 385 from Odessa to Fort Stockton, including those portions that parallel United States Route 67 and Interstate Route 10.
- United States Route 67 from Fort Stockton to Presidio, including those portions that parallel Interstate Route 10 and United States Route 90.
- United States Route 41 corridor between Interstate Route 94 via Interstate Route 894 and Highway 45 near Milwaukee and Interstate Route 43 near Green Bay in the State of Wisconsin.
- The Theodore Roosevelt Expressway from Rapid City, South Dakota, north on United States Route 85 to Williston, North Dakota, west on United States Route 2 to Culbertson, Montana, and north on Montana Highway 16 to the international border with Canada at the port of Raymond, Montana.
- The Central North American Trade Corridor from the border between North Dakota and South Dakota, north on United States Route 83 through Bismark and Minot, North Dakota, to the international border with Canada.
- The Providence Beltline Corridor beginning at Interstate Route 95 in the vicinity of Hope Valley, Rhode Island, traversing eastwardly intersecting and merging into Interstate Route 295, continuing northeastwardly along Interstate Route 95, and terminating at the Massachusetts border, and including the western bypass of Providence, Rhode Island, from Interstate Route 295 to the Massachusetts border.
- In the State of Missouri, the corridors consisting of the following highways:
- Interstate Route 70, from Interstate Route 29/35 to United States Route 61/Avenue of the Saints.
- Interstate Route 72/United States Route 36, from the intersection with Interstate Route 29 to United States Route 61/Avenue of the Saints.
- United States Route 67, from Interstate Route 55 to the Arkansas State line.
- United States Route 65, from United States Route 36/Interstate Route 72 to the East-West TransAmerica corridor, at the Arkansas State line.
- United States Route 63, from United States Route 36 and the proposed Interstate Route 72 to the East-West TransAmerica corridor, at the Arkansas State line.
- United States Route 54, from the Kansas State line to United States Route 61/ Avenue of the Saints.
- The Georgia Developmental Highway System Corridors identified in section 32-4-22 of the Official Code of Georgia, Annotated.
- The Liberty Corridor, a corridor in an area encompassing very critical and significant transportation infrastructure providing regional, national, and international access through the State of New Jersey, including Interstate Routes 95, 80, 287, and 78, United States Routes 1, 9, and 46, and State Routes 3 and 17, and port ways and connecting infrastructure.
- The corridor in an area of passage in the State of New Jersey serving significant interstate and regional traffic, located near the cities of Camden, New Jersey, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and including Interstate Route 295, State Route 42, United States Route 130, and Interstate Routes 76 and 676.
- The Interstate Route 95 Corridor beginning at the New York State line and continuing through Connecticut to the Rhode Island State line.
- The Interstate Route 91 Corridor from New Haven, Connecticut, to the Massachusetts State line.
- The Fairbanks-Yukon International Corridor consisting of the portion of the Alaska Highway from the international border with Canada to the Richardson Highway, and the Richardson Highway from its junction with the Alaska Highway to Fairbanks, Alaska.
- The Washoe County corridor, along Interstate Route 580/United States Route 95/United States Route 95A, from Reno, Nevada, to Las Vegas, Nevada.
- The Cross Valley Connector connecting Interstate Route 5 and State Route 14, Santa Clarita Valley, California.
- The Economic Lifeline corridor, along Interstate Route 15 and Interstate Route 40, California, Arizona, and Nevada, includes Interstate Route 215 South from near San Bernadino, California, to Riverside, California, and State Route 91 from Riverside, California, to the intersection with Interstate Route 15 near Corona, California.
- The High Desert Corridor/E-220 from Los Angeles, California, to Las Vegas, Nevada, via Palmdale and Victorville, California.
- The North-South corridor, along Interstate Route 49 North, from Kansas City, Missouri, to Shreveport, Louisiana.
- The Louisiana Highway corridor, along Louisiana Highway 1, from Grand Isle, Louisiana, to the intersection with United States Route 90.
- The portion of United States Route 90 from Interstate Route 49 in Lafayette, Louisiana, to Interstate Route 10 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- The Louisiana 28 corridor from Fort Polk to Alexandria, Louisiana.
- The portion of Interstate Route 75 from Toledo, Ohio, to Cincinnati, Ohio.
- The portion of United States Route 24 from the Indiana/Ohio State line to Toledo, Ohio.
- The portion of Interstate Route 71 from Cincinnati, Ohio, to Cleveland, Ohio.
- Interstate Route 376 from the Pittsburgh Interchange (I/C No. 56) of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, westward on Interstate Route 279, United States Route 22, United States Route 30, and Pennsylvania Route 60, continuing past the Pittsburgh International Airport on Turnpike Route 60, to the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate Route 76), Interchange 10, and continuing north on Pennsylvania Turnpike Route 60 to Interstate Route 80. [I-376]
- The Intercounty Connector, a new east-west multimodal highway between Interstate Route 270 and Interstate Route 95/United States Route 1 in Montgomery and Prince George's Counties, Maryland.
Statutory numbering of future Interstate routes [in brackets] inserted from Section 1105(e)(5) of the ISTEA, as amended.
Corridor 5 southern terminus is Georgetown, South Carolina, according to P.L. 105-178 Section 1211(i)(1) amendments of detailed descriptions for I-73 and I-74 in paragraph (5)(B)(iii).
Corridor 35 partially overlaps a portion of Corridor 30 in the State of Washington.
Corridor 38 excludes some statutory language from PL 106-554 and PL 17-259 that did not become effective because the Texas Transportation Commission designated the corridor in Texas from Laredo to Dumas on June 28, 2001. The Commission designation essentially followed the PL 106-554 and PL 107-259 language that included a dual alignment between Lamesa and Sterling City.
Corridor 40 overlaps a portion of Corridor 17 in Virginia and North Carolina.
Corridor 42 overlaps a portion of Corridor 11 in Mississippi.
Corridor 45 overlaps Corridor 10 in Mississippi and Alabama.
Corridor 70 overlaps Corridor 16 and adds a loop through San Bernadino and Riverside.
Corridor 72 overlaps Corridor 1 and specifies inclusion of I-49.
Corridor 73 overlaps Corridor 44.
Corridor 74 overlaps Corridor 37.
Corridor 77 overlaps the portion of Corridor 4 in Ohio.