U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
April 2013 Traffic Volume Trends – Travel Monitoring and Traffic Volume – Office of Highway Policy Information (OHPI) – FHWA
Travel Monitoring and Traffic Volume
April 2013 Traffic Volume Trends
- Travel on all roads and streets changed by 1.2% (2.9 billion vehicle miles) for April 2013 as compared with April 2012.
- Travel for the month is estimated to be 251.1 billion vehicle miles.
- Cumulative Travel for 2013 changed by -0.3% (-2.7 billion vehicle miles).
- Cumulative estimate for the year is 941.4 billion vehicle miles of travel.
- Estimated Vehicle-Miles of Travel by Region - April 2013 - (in Billions)
- Change in Traffic as compared to same month last year.
- All data for this month are preliminary. Revised values for the previous month are shown in Tables 1 and 2.
- All vehicle-miles of travel computed with Highway Statistics 2011 Table VM-2 as a base.
- Compiled with data on hand as of June 12, 2013.
- Some historical data were revised based on HPMS and amended TVT data as of December 2011.
- For information on total licensed drivers in the U.S. visit https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohpi/hss/hsspubs.htm. Select the year of interest then Section III (Driver Licensing).
- For information on total registered motor vehicles in the U.S., visit https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/ohpi/hss/hsspubs.htm. Select the year of interest and Section II (Motor Vehicles).
- Travel Trends (April 2013)
- Individual Monthly Motor Vehicle Travel in the U.S. for April 2013
- Changes on Rural Arterial Roads by Region and State
- Changes on Urban Arterial Roads by Region and State
- Changes on All Estimated Roads by Region and State
- Volume Trends – Rural
- Volume Trends – Urban
- Figure 1 – Moving 12-Month Total on All Highways
- Figure 2 – Travel on U.S. Highways By Month
Page last modified on November 7, 2014.