The page you requested has moved and you've automatically been taken to its new location.

Please update your link or bookmark after closing this notice.

Skip to content U.S. Department of Transportation/Federal Highway AdministrationU.S. Department of Transportation/Federal Highway Administration
Office of Planning, Environment, & Realty (HEP)

Presentations of Uniform Act Final Rule Implementation

Moves of Personal Property Only

Image: Graphic depicting a single piece of real property bisected by a line indicating the proposed right-of-way will only affect a portion of the property containing some stored materials but will not require a relocation of the main business/residence.


The new § 24.301(e) personal property only. Eligible expenses for a person who is required to move personal property from real property but is not required to move from a dwelling (including a mobile home), business, farm, or nonprofit organization include those expenses described in paragraphs (g)(1) through (g)(7) as well as (g)(18) of this section. (See also Appendix A, § 24.301(e).)

The illustration shows a factory and stockpiled materials within the right-of-way. It could also depict a house with a shed and materials out back that fall inside the required right-of-way. This modification addresses a situation in the old rule where this circumstance was not covered specifically in the case of an acquisition from a residential property. The clarification covers that situation for both residential and nonresidential displacements where the residence or business is not acquired and thus there is no resulting displacement of either a residence or a business.

Updated: 9/5/2014
HEP Home Planning Environment Real Estate
Federal Highway Administration | 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE | Washington, DC 20590 | 202-366-4000