U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Highway Administration
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20590
Federal Highway Administration Research and Technology
Coordinating, Developing, and Delivering Highway Transportation Innovations
Asphalt Pavement Technology
Binder Rheology Laboratory Publications
- Andriescu, A., S. A. M. Hesp, and J. Youtcheff. Essential and Plastic Works of Ductile Fracture in Asphalt Binders. Transportation Research Record, volume1875, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., 2004.
- A. Andriescu, N.H. Gibson, S.A.M. Hesp, X. Qi, and J.S. Youtcheff. Validation of the Essential Work of Fracture Approach to Fatigue Grading of Asphalt Binders. Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, volume 75E, 2006.
- A. Andriescu and S.A.M. Hesp. Time-Temperature Superposition in Rheology and Ductile Failure of Straight and Modified Asphalt Cements, International Journal of Pavement Engineering, volume 9, April 2008.
- Andriescu A., N. Gibson, J. Youtcheff, X. Qi, and S.A.M. Hesp. Critical tip opening displacement as a fatigue cracking criterion for asphalt mixtures, MAIREPAV6, volume 1, pp. 252–261, July 2009.
- Qi, X., N. Gibson, A. Andriescu, and J. Youtcheff. Influence of Asphalt Aging and Embrittlement on Full-Scale Fatigue Cracking, International Society for Asphalt Pavements (ISAP) International Conference, Nagoya, Japan, August 2010.
- Gibson, N., X. Qi, A. Shenoy, G. Al-Khateeb, E. Kutay, A. Andriescu, K. Stuart, J. Youtcheff, and T. Hartman. Performance Testing for Superpave and Structural Validation, FHWA-HRT-11-045, Federal Highway Administration, McLean, VA, November 2012.
- Andriescu A., A. Copeland, N. Gibson, J. Youtcheff, and X. Qi. Evaluation of the Fatigue Performance of Aged Bitumen Using the Essential Work of Fracture Method, Fifth Eurasphalt & Eurobitume Congress, June 2012.
- Gibson N., A. Andriescu, X. Qi, and A. Copeland. Recommended Asphalt Binder Fatigue Performance Specification from Full Scale Accelerated Pavement Tests Considering Aging Effects, Advances in Pavement Design through Full-scale Accelerated Pavement Testing, Taylor & Francis Group, London, pp. 433–444, 2012
- Daniel J.S., N. Gibson, S. Tarbox, A. Copeland, and A. Andriescu. Effect of long-term ageing on RAP mixtures: laboratory evaluation of plant-produced mixtures, Road Materials and Pavement Design, volume 14, S.2, pp 173–192, 2013
- Zhou F., W. Mogawer, H. Li, A. Andriescu, and A. Copeland. Evaluation of Fatigue Tests for Characterizing Asphalt Binders, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, volume 25, I.5, pp. 610–617, 2013
- Dongre R., J. Youtcheff, and J. Newman. New Bitumen Quality Control Test (QCT) for Europe, Fifth Eurasphalt & Eurobitume Congress, June 2016.
- Li X., N. Gibson, Andriescu, A., and T.S. Arnold. Performance Evaluation of REOB Modified Asphalt Binders and Mixtures. Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, Vol. 85, 2016.
- Mensching D., Andriescu, A., DeCarlo, C., Li, X., and Youtcheff, J. Effect of Extended Aging on Asphalt Materials Containing Re-Refined Engine Oil Bottoms, Proceedings, Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., 2017.
Office of Infrastructure R&D Links
Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center
6300 Georgetown Pike
McLean, VA 22101-2296