FBP Funding Available for Allocation
Funding available is based on preliminary eligibility information. Eligibility* must be verified by the FHWA Division prior to allocation.
Before requesting allocation or transfer of FBP Funds, the FHWA Division must:
- Verify that the project is ready to obligate the funds
- Confirm that the ferry service is an eligible* operator
- Confirm that the proposed project is eligible* for FBP Funds
- Confirm that the allocation request is for the oldest** funds available to that operator
- Request Allocation or Transfer as shown below.
Select the Fiscal Year below to view funding available for allocation or transfer:
Allocation: To request allocation of FBP distributed funds, FHWA Division must email allocation request to program manager*** and include the following:
- Identifies awarded FBP operator and Fiscal Year (FY)
- Include a statement confirming that the project is ready to be obligated
- Include a statement that the FHWA Division confirmed that the ferry service and project are eligible* for FBP funds
Transfer: To request a transfer of FBP distributed funds, FHWA Division must email transfer request and a completed Transfer Form (FHWA Form - 1576) to the program manager**, and ensure the following:
- Email includes a statement that the FHWA Division confirmed that the ferry service and project are eligible* for FBP funds
- Form is signed by the State Department of Transportation and the Division Office
- Form Identifies the ferry operator, Fund FY and Program Code
- Form confirms that the state has entered into an agreement with the agency that is receiving the transfer.
The program manager will route the complete Transfer Form, and above required confirmations to FHWA Budget for processing.
- *See FBP Implementation Guidance
- ** Fund Redistribution: While FBP funds remain available until expended, individual eligible entities lose the ability to use FBP funds that remain unobligated three fiscal years after the fiscal year in which those funds were first authorized. This applies to FBP funds from FY 2013 and beyond.
- *** Program Manager is the listed contact.