A Showcase of Innovative Technology Solutions
The United State Department of Transportation (U.S.DOT) is pleased to announce the Transportation Data Palooza. This event will be held on Thursday, May 9, 2013 at USDOT Headquarters in the West Atrium.
The purpose of this event is to showcase innovative technology solutions that:
- Enhance performance
- Reduce congestion,
- Improve safety,
- Incorporate supplementary/alternative data sources,
- Make use of data mining/analysis tools such as big data analytics or text analytics,
- Pioneers the use of mobility management strategies for moving people and/or goods,
- Visualizes data to enhance understanding of critical transportation information,
- Enhances public access to data,
- Incorporates investment optimization tools (trade-off analysis), and
- Facilitates communication across the transportation industry at the local, state or regional level.
This event is part of U.S.DOT's efforts to be a central resource for transportation performance management tools, training, and noteworthy practices for implementing MAP-21 performance requirements. The event will consist of an exhibition of interactive transportation data solutions, workshops and panel discussions.